A new beginning - the 7th Rifles

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by The-Daddy, Feb 1, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I would like to wish the 7th Rifles all the best for the future. They have a proud history and a bright future.

Forward the Rifles!
  2. How about 6th Rifles? :D
  3. Thanks, Daddy.
  4. And 4th??? :shakefist:
  5. I didn't serve with either of those - sorry (plus the 4th is Reg - this is a TA forum)
  6. Best of luck to them. Hope the history of the new Regiment is as long and proud as the old ones.

With Avon, Cornwall, Devon, Dorset, Gloster, Somerset and Wiltshire in its recruiting boundriesit has a strong West country influence, but how is this effected by the inclusion of Oxfordshire, Buckinghamshire?? (or did this part of RGBW go to the PWRR?) and a couple of smaller areas up north?

Best of luck and fortune to them anyway
  7. half of the 7th are Londoners matey!

Q - what was the last section on the RBBWLI orders format?

A - last man close the gate!
  8. I served for a bit with the old 3RGJ, then went to the old 2RGJ. Later they disbanded 1 RGJ so 2 became 1 and 3 became 2. I also served with 4 (V) RGJ, both before and after the split to form 5(V) RGJ. Then 1RGJ became 2 Rifles and 2RGJ became 4 Rifles and the old 4th (effectively) became 7 Rifles.

Its no wonder I am confused!

So following Bravo_Bravo's lead I'd like to wish 2, 4 & 7 Rifles all the best for the future.

I think...did I cock up there somewhere?

Happy now Lady_H?
  9. I'd like to wish 6th Rifles all the best... unless I don't pass my RSW for some reason, in which case I'll make up some sort of bitter excuse.
  10. The RGBW LI element of the VII rifles are alive and kicking bringing up the rear in HQ coy. You'll notice we will be the ones with the plastic silver backbadge which we've been allowed to retain even though its a "Gloster" battle honour. I can't seen the relevance personally.
  11. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Be on your own there as there is no 6th Bn!
  12. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Great, I hadnt seen them in the Orbat I wondered how they would squeeze all into the 7th. The exclamation was meant to be a ?!
  13. heheh. Quite an active Btn as well so I am told, but they probably say that at all of 'em :D
  14. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Dropped the ball there, I lost count when they did away with 8LI