Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Moral Dilema

In the last 6 months my sister and partner have spent about 10 Grand on car, TV, Furniture, I Phones.

Meanwhile they plead poverty receive food parcels and all her* debts related to electric/rent etc are being sympathetically reduced and scheduled to pay off at about 5 Quid a month.

*everything's in her name, he may not be (officially) living with her

Should I do the right thing by society and grass the feckless cow up, or he right thing by kith and kin and keep schtum.

She isn't putting out to me either in case that affects the decision.

Dob the bastards in and collect the reward.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
If your on his site just ask yourself, Have I got any morals?

The answer is surely no, so grass ahead and your conscious will be clear, these scrounges need terminating, the British Tax Payer can't afford it and stories like that annoy me.

Do it, do it now!

In the last 6 months my sister and partner have spent about 10 Grand on car, TV, Furniture, I Phones.

Meanwhile they plead poverty receive food parcels and all her* debts related to electric/rent etc are being sympathetically reduced and scheduled to pay off at about 5 Quid a month.

Should I do the right thing by society and grass the feckless cow up, or he right thing by kith and kin and keep schtum.

Grass them up Linder, be a tough lover (snigger) not an enabler.

People who do shit like that make it more difficult for honest people to get by.

Dob them.
When the Court cases etc are over, offer them daft money for the car, TV and phones as you "want to help" with the fines.

My sister has 1 child but he lives with his father not my sister.

And yes we all know that in the UK children are always better off with the mother, so the fact he has been removed* from her and put with his father is not an endorsement of her character.

Part of my dilemma is that she has a custody hearing coming up so speaking out now could scupper that, (I would feel bad about that) on the other hand the kid is better off with his father.

*I mean removed, as in taken from her, His father was told its you or its a care home, but he aint stopping with her.

Good thinking - there's decent money to be made in the clinical trials and research sector.

The childs father is from Bristol, so there's no guarantee that there is a sufficiency of Homo Sapiens DNA to be relevant in clinical trials.

Unless of course you thinking vetinary trials

OP, the situation sound like about 6 'couples' I know (of).

Her with kids on benefits
Him, 'lives' with family, but really resides with Her
Live well beyond the finances supplied by the state for Her
Love the ciggies, booze and copious (expensive) tats
Pleads poverty at every occasion and often to others on their latest iPhone
All the kids wear clothes from places like Next & GAP
Has the obilgatory large Plasma TV, xBox and SKY/Virgin accounts

My bold.....

I know this is the NAFFI but you would shag your sister?

Geezer

I was born in zummerzet, round there you never marry a virgin.
Anybody not good enough for her own family is not good enough for yours.

Or as its the NAAFI I just felt a puerile bad taste remark was required and I know somebody would ask.

When you say food parcels is that from a food bank, because I understood that the handouts are strictly limited?

Do you have parents or elderly maiden aunts who are subbing them?

Are either or both of them addicted to drugs?

Are either or both of them dealing?

Do you think your sister is beyond redemption?

If not, grass him up to any family giving them handouts, say he's dealing and IYO any handouts should be contingent on him slinging his hook and her being clean. And grass him to the benefits agency. If he's dealing the police are already probably aware, as will be most of the cab drivers in the area.

Trouble is that even if she's not dealing she's benefiting from the proceeds. It's in his interests to keep her compliant, so grassing her as well may be inevitable.

Maybe part of your dilemma derives from your second-guessing the consequences and thinking it won't change things in the long run. Maybe not, but if your sister can extricate herself might she have a chance to be a different person.

I hate dealers with venom, so that informs my view.

Neither are involved in drugs, (to the best of my knowledge)

They have no declared income hence benefits, but he does work but its all undeclared.

Yes food parcels are from a food bank and yes in theory your limited but even if its only 2 or 3 they have had its still from those who truly need.

My dilema is simply the fact its family and I was always taught you stick together no matter what.

Familly have provided no end of support, until very recently when she stopped speaking to our parents after being told a few home truths. I hasten to most of the family is of the opinion my mother should have done that about a year ago.

Last edited:
Neither are involved in drugs, (to the best of my knowledge)

They have no declared income hence benefits, but he does work but its all undeclared.

Yes food parcels are from a food bank and yes in theory your limited but even if its only 2 or 3 they have had its still from those who truly need.

My dilema is simply the fact its family and I was always taught you stick together no matter what.

Familly have provided no end of support, until very recently when she stopped speaking to our parents after being told a few home truths. I hasten to most of the family is of the opinion my mother should have done that about a year ago.

Maybe you and the family can agree on a strategy. Only thing is, I can't imagine my family reaching a consensus without all night sessions at ACAS.

I think he needs to be grassed but if it was me I'd probably um and er for weeks before doing so if at all.

Drive down to Brizzle and dob her in from there, she already hates the kid's father and probably only wants custody so she can claim more benny, if you stop her getting her kid you'll be doing the kid a favour and maybe it wont grow up to be like its ma.