A Mighty Speech by a "Mighty" Man

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by jumpinjarhead, Nov 19, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Five days before LtGen Kelly USMC gave this staggering speech to a group of Marine veterans, on 8 November 2010, his youngest son, 2dLt Robert Kelly USMC, a rifle platoon commander with Lima 3/5, was blown away by an IED while on a foot patrol in Afghanistan. He was casevaced in a US Army Blackhawk Helicopter to FOB Bastion. Enroute Army medics amputated both legs in an effort to stop the bleeding. He never regained consciousness.

Following a service in the Ft Meyer Chapel, "Rob" will be buried at Arlington National Cemetery at 12:45 Monday, 22 November 2010,. 2dLt. Kelly leaves a young bride of 4 years, Heather, a brother, Capt John Kelly, USMC, stationed at 29 Palms, a sister named Kate, and a mother named Karen.

The General’s Speech « Neptunus Lex

2. An incredible speech, by a grieving dad. SEMPER FIDELIS. RIP

3. Thank you for posting that.

A speech that at times, had the hair on my neck stood up.

The story of the 2 Marine Gate Guards is particularly humbling. The testimony of the Iraqi soldier summed it up.

Semper Fidelis indeed.

4. Thank you sir. A very moving speech, well worth reading.

5. For some reason cannot get a connection to this link! is there an alternative?

6. Try these links:

Lt Gen Kelly's speach 13 Nov - XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source!
    Lyle's Place: Semper Fi Society Sppech by Lt. General Kelly

Also, here is an email the General sent to friends and comrades:

7. Sounds like you knew the family well JJH. Condolences to the Kelly family and their friends.

8. As we prepare to lay to rest one of our own next week I'll also say a few words for one of yours.My sympathy and condolences to his family,friends and comrades.