A Message to our new SoS Defence

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Auld-Yin, May 7, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Ladies and Gentlemen,

Over the past weeks, months and, dare I say it, years, we have, as a well informed group, sent various messages to the Secretary of State for Defence. (I have been looking for a good one but can't find it)

We now have a new SoS. Therefore now is our chance to enlighten him to our views.

This is an invitation to all so I will not start this off - but you can bet I will join in if the thread becomes interesting.

Bollox I will - John Reid are you Bliar's lap dog?

If this gets really interesting, perhaps MODs should move to NAAFI!
  2. Judging on previous form, John Reid is not so much Blair's lap-dog, more his attack dog. He's a nasty piece of work around the fringes and will not be on the wavelength/share the values of the majority of the chain of command.
  3. He looks like the sort of bloke that owns a Bookies.
  4. John Reid, are you:

1. Honest.

2. Supportive of your Subordinates.(ie The Buck Stops Where?)

3. For the Armed Forces and keeping them well equipped to enable them to carryout their role.

4. Against cuts in manpower.

5. For reducing committments in order to increase the gap between deployments.

John Reid, do you:-

1. Tell people one thing to their face and then stab in the back ASP?

2. Lie through your back teeth?

3. Intend to sneak through major cuts in the UK Armed Forces supposedly to improve efficiency, but in fact to 'toady' up to Brown and his f*cked up spending forecasts?

John Reid, your BPFA score is?

1. High

2. Low

3. WTF is a BPFA.... Help Tony..... these c*nts are asking difficult stuff!!!!

Last one, John Reid, are you another slimy arse lickin toad so far up the great 'Not So' Enlightend Ones brown ring that the lights are out?
  5. We have received your query regarding Mr Reid. Unfortunately, Mr Reid is unable to answer directly at present, so we (his unofficial PR dept) have taken the liberty of answering on his part. [We can't stress enough that these are not his answers! (Yet!)]

Section 1:

1. Possibly - when it is either politically acceptable, expedient, or required to be so. Otherwise, probably not.

2. No.

3. Only if Gordon says that is okay. [No then!]

4. See answer 3.

5. See answer 3.

Section 2:

1. I am a politician - are you stupid? Of course I stab people in the back! How else do you think we get promoted?

2. See previous answer!

3. See section 1, answer 3!

Section 3:

1-3 BPFA? What sort of political term is that? Must be some Tory thing! Doesn't apply to me. Even though I have no idea what it is, I can't imagine it being of any use what so ever.

4. Yes.....oops, that should be no.

Mr Reids (unofficial) PR dept would like it to be known that Mr Reid is a long time fan of the military (except the RAF, coz he knows the Army and Navy hate them brill cream lazy gits!) and will do everything in his power to increase their effectiveness. (It is only fair to point out, that New Labours definition of military effectiveness is severely inhibited by both political correctness and gross stupidity - neither of which is the fault of Mr Reid!)
  6. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

7. TCR?

8. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

So where does his prior service come from? I hope its not just a Armed Forces Minister or did he serve properly? From any of the on line biogs he was nobody till 97
  9. I'm afraid John Reid is there to do his master's bidding.

He is not a friend. This will become very obvious soon

The only Labour MP who is a friend, Blaur will let nowhere near the MoD , as he is far too sympathetic to us.
  10. Who's that then?
  11. Bruce George
  12. Of course, the select commitee. Very forgetful of me.
  13. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

I like Kate Hoey, 1 for being a farm girl, 2 for being an Ulster farm girl and 3 for saying out loud that banning firearms is wrong and losing her job over it! Almost kind of fancy the mare!
  14. Goatman

Goatman LE Book Reviewer

here's one I made earlier:

15. Stop Press - the new Shadow S-o-S is Michael Ancram, who I hope has a login by now!.