A Man's a Man For A' That

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Rocketeer, Jan 25, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Right then..who's for digging in?

Time for bashed neeps and hapit tatties and the ' Great Chieftain O' The Puddin' Race '..

Its January 25!!.. The 246th anniversary of the most drinkin', most women lovin', most tall tale tellin' man that ever lived...
    Robbie Burns!

I have a big bottle of Bowmore, I'm dying to crack open today in his honour..

Got a wee beastie in the fridge ready for tonight's supper and am up and ready to go..

Been to 7 Burns' Suppers already in the past fortnight.. [ nothing like 3 Scottish Regiments competing with each other to put on the 'best show'...]

If any of you can log on to RTA - [Russian Worldwide Network TV ] .. I was filmed on Sunday for a segment on the Great Bard of Scotland presenting the Address..fun and games...

Anyway.. even if you're not Scottish and don't give a cr*p normally.. Its a great excuse to hit the pub and impress the barmaid and tarts [ not a woman in the world won't melt over a bit of Burns' love poems ] and as fine a reaon as any to order another round.

I remember once at a Burns' Supper when the chef, a Hungarian, had no idea how to prepare a Haggis... now know why the Scots also invented Curling....

Hooo Haw..

Cheers! and Here's To Ye!..

aww.. nothing like the sweet taste of the peat sliding smoothly down yer gullet..

For them that likes it, Whisky!! and for for them that don't - Whisky!!

To Robbie Burns!!!

2. I'll drink to that. Laphroaig.

Slainthe!

3. Monty Python's take on Scottish poetry:

4. Ah yes, that would be Rabbi Burnz, the well known Jewish poet, would it not?

5. Horrible Scottish line shack Sgt to new sprog in NAAFI bar

"D'ye like poetry son?"

"Yes, it's alright, Sarnt."

"Tell me. D'ye like Burns?"

"Yes"

So he puts a fag out in his face.