A long shot I know.

Gents,
A few months back one of you fine fellas posted a link to an official source that stated that conservative county councils receive less money from central government than labour areas do (try as I might, I can't find it on here though).
I remember it because it stuck in my mind and I was shocked to discover it.
I recently... Well yesterday actually, got in to a rather heated debate with my youngest daughter about it. She insists that 'rich tory areas get more money than poor areas do' Yarda yarda yarda.
I've done a bit of google fu to try and find evidence to support my claim but with no success.
So was I correct in what I said; or am I going senile.

Gents,
A few months back one of you fine fellas posted a link to an official source that stated that conservative county councils receive less money from central government than labour areas do (try as I might, I can't find it on here though).
I remember it because it stuck in my mind and I was shocked to discover it.
I recently... Well yesterday actually, got in to a rather heated debate with my youngest daughter about it. She insists that 'rich tory areas get more money than poor areas do' Yarda yarda yarda.
I've done a bit of google fu to try and find evidence to support my claim but with no success.
So was I correct in what I said; or am I going senile.
If you're going senile, so am I. Likewise, I can't remember where I saw it but I recall that TM was promising money to Labour councils because they were the ones which were in desperate need (various comments about poor money-management etc.) but Labour, rather than meekly accepting the handout, accused May of trying to bribe voters in advance of the next election.

That's all I recall. I don't recall whether the money was paid or was just a proposal. I didn't comment on the thread so would only have viewed it in its early stages, i.e. it wouldn't have appeared on my Watched list. I think it happened more recently than pikey's link.

[QUOTE="putteesinmyhands, post: 9234591, member: 9135"TM was promising money to Labour councils because they were the ones which were in desperate need (various comments about poor money-management etc.) but Labour, rather than meekly accepting the handout, accused May of trying to bribe voters in advance of the next election.[/QUOTE]
Politics in a nutshell. or should I say, the stupidity of Politics !