A long old road....

Discussion in 'Sappers' started by Goatman, May 3, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Goatman

Goatman LE Book Reviewer

Gents,

apologies for the intrusion. Came across this today and although it is now a bit old, I thought it possible some people (who possibly worked on the Project on a previous tour) may not have seen - so here y'go;

SOURCE

Bravo Zulu to all who took part - less of a headliner than the turbine job but equally vital to the region I suspect ;-)

2. Ah the international rules of road building apply. 5 Blokes leaning on shovels watching and drinking tea. 1 actualy working
    Seriously though:- A good thing for the locals and a job well done. :)

• Like Like x 1
  3. Mega! At least the taliban will have a decent road to travel freely on once we pull out.

4. do you see MPF saying .... it needs to go an inch to the left gentlemen. ;-)

5. You can always trust the COW(P) to upset everybody!

6. True, but at least it will be easier to spot groundsign and harder for terry to dig. It's not going to be perfect but definately a step in the right direction.

7. Trust me, I won't go into the details over this forum, but that road (we put in the middle section during H12) is a real step in the right direction as far as the design features go to make it harder for insurgent operations.

8. Yup, it sure does, started building it towards the end of Herrick 10 if IIRC?