A Long Long war by Ken Wharton

Discussion in 'The Book Club' started by ugly, Feb 3, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Gents Ken has lost his login, what do you expect for a Jacket but he has asked me to post the artwork suggested for his coming compilation on Op Banner.
    Comments please and I'll ensure that Ken gets them.
    I have ordered another book, should be shipped in april. looking forward to reading it and not just for my contributions! :roll:
  2. Ref the proposed cover:

The layout and concept are good but a higher definition photograph will be required for the guy in front. It looks blurred compared to the background photograph. I'm sure he can find something
  3. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

I'll send you the pdf file!
  4. As the artist that was formerly Bob_Lawlaw, I can sympathise. All the very best to Ken and your tome. On reflection, I would have liked to have been one of those voices, as it's my home and I did join before the 'conflict' erupted.

I look forward to reading his book. Best of luck Ken!
  5. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Alec, you can still contribute for he has so much material that he wants to produce another volume!
  6. Noted with thanks and will do, specifically to 'Op Motorman' if that's a guide.
  7. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

There was originally a wealth of material from the early 70's to the late 70's but a dearth of the earliest and latest!
  8. I went back on a 'thing' on the 7th. Dec'71 if that contributes to the Derry dimension.
  9. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Do you have his e mail? if not drop me a PM and I'll pass it on!
  10. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Apparently the latest version of the cover has emerged, this being the final version according to the publishers.
    This should please the Anglians amongst us and me very much as the kit is of my era!