A long lasting career

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by NigG, Jul 31, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. What is the best option in terms of regiment/trade if you want a long career in the army?

I'm 27 now and want to transfer from TA to regular service, but I want to be in for the long run. What is the best career path to take to ensure a lengthy service?

Thanks for your help
  2. Another Local lad!!!! wayhey!!! :D

Chef is probably one of the longest career paths i can think of mate, maybe engineer or RLC.

Go down the AFCO and have a chat mate they're pretty good in bristol actually :D

Good luck
  3. Except at heigh n weight
  4. Cheers Mate.

I'm off to see the AFCO next week, but I've heard they can sometimes push you into careers. It's good to get some honest opinion on here
  5. LOL @ smiler!!!

They wont push you into a career you not interested in mate, My recruiter is RLC and never tried to push me into them, admitted that on my 1st visit i mentioned wanting to become an infantry driver and he gave me an RLC job spec sheet (which promptly went in the bin when i got home) but since that visit he's been supportive of my app into the infantry and has been a diamond every step of the way, except when it came to weighing me ;) lol
  6. go into the Infantry mate, you will get bored being a RLC Driver
  7. Am doing mate, just mentioned it to demonstraight my point to NigG that bristol AFCO wont force you into a career you not into, re-read my post matey ;)