A little ray of sunshine

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by FORMER_FYRDMAN, Jan 24, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. FORMER_FYRDMAN

FORMER_FYRDMAN LE Book Reviewer

2. A whole £Million, that'll slash the £Trillion debt! Give me ****ing strength!

3. FORMER_FYRDMAN

It's better than adding to it and change has to start somewhere.

4. Any sign of the politicians leading from the front? None? Are you sure?

Stand clear, I may just swoon.

5. FORMER_FYRDMAN

Ministerial cut of 5% and I believe MP's pay has been frozen. Again, it's not going to pay off the debt but it's still better than what happened under the last lot - and these things have a habit of snowballing once the principle has been accepted. Anything that makes it unacceptable to be a public sector fat cat is fine by me.

6. They probably spend more on ****ing bog paper per annum!

7. I know more is spent on translating English into Welsh that would be a decent saving for no loss of any consequence.

• Like Like x 1

8. <Swoon>

9. I'd personally like to see them on minimum wage, lets face it , its enough for us to live on , isnt it???..... then we even may get some politicians who are there to serve us, not themselves..... they could make exrtra bucks by doing a bit of overtime, live in the communal MPs block of flats that could be provided, rent free... want to go home for the weekend, put your hand in your own pocket and pay yourself, whats that ? not practicle, thousands of non-MPs do it every week...cynical ? me?

• Like Like x 1
  10. I know, should stop wasting ****ing money and have it all in Welsh, agree?

11. FORMER_FYRDMAN

As an old traditionalist I'd rather our politicians were paid nothing at all - that's what we did when Parliament was at its height. The only reason they are paid at all is to subsidise all the Labour rubbish until they've set up their various scams and post-office sinecures. Fat lot of good decent pay did - our best paid politicians have turned out to be our worst (and mostly Labour before Illech starts bleating in Cymric). I'd also scrap expenses for local councillors too - if they can't afford a bus fare they're not smart enough for public office.

12. The fact these bureaucrats were paid so much is a scandal in itself.

Not only should pay be cut,but the positions of these people should be reviewed.

Bonfire of the qangoes,anyone,I haven't noticed one yet since CMD entered number 10.

Whole qangoes could be eliminated,the Commision of Racial Equality for one.There must be dozens of others'any suggestions?.

Local authority spanding needs to be radically pruned with the waste-of-space functione and PC meddling by local councils eliminated.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Yes, lets just keep translating it into Arabic and Chinese - no ****ing worries there. Instead lets shove it up Fellow Britains. FFS give me strength. Truly Little Englander mentality that never got shit done!

14. Touched a nerve there? Arabic and Chinese arent dead Languages Welsh on the other hand is only spoke in certain parts of Wales which happen to be in the irrelevant north and a tiny bit of Argentina.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Argentina?