A little help please

Discussion in 'Military History and Militaria' started by Totalbiscuit, Apr 24, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hello, firstly i just want to start by saying thank you anyone who can help me with this.

I am compiling a record of family who served in WWI and WWII in various campaigns, could any kind person tell me where i can confirm the details of ancestors in the Royal Indian Army? In specific the RIASC?

The person in question is my great grandfather and his details (that i have) are as follows:

Name: Ghulam Hassan Khan Niazi -K.S
    Service Number: IEC 2168
    Parent Corps: Royal Indian Army Service Corps
    Company/Bt: Unknown.
    Campaign Medals: All i know is based on the paperwork i have, he had received a 1939-1945 Star & 1939-1945 War Medal and a Bronze Oakleaf.

Any help offered would be highly appreciated.

Kind Regards,
  2. oldbaldy

oldbaldy LE Moderator Good Egg (charities)
    1. Battlefield Tours

3. The Imperial war museum helped my dad find one of his relatives with roughly the same info that you've got on your relative. There's a department that you send your info to.

Hope this is of some help.
  4. @ OlBaldy: Thank you very much for the link to the Gazette, at least that confirms the service number and corps info i have is correct.
    @ Bigjimangley, thank you for the info i will try to contact the War Museum.

All the best.