A little help, please

Hello,

Please could someone tell me why QA's wear Grey and Claret. Having read some posting in this section, I am aware and resigned to receiving answers that are just QA insults, however, I do need to know the real reason too.

Many thanks

Tom (Not a QA, my girlfriend is)

I always thought it was a combination of Queen Alexandra's personal colours, mixed with the Dannebrog.

I could be totally wrong!! :D

Is the grey a reference to battleships and the scarlet as in "scarlet women"?

.......or perhaps I should phone a friend!

Scarlet and grey because they were the colours of the QAIMNS.

Grey is also the colour of barrage balloons, from which many of the QA's enormous dresses are made - it was an early example of smart procurement.

ViroBono said:
Grey is also the colour of barrage balloons, from which many of the QA's enormous dresses are made - it was an early example of smart procurement.
lol @ VB!

Drollest thing that i have read in ages!

That is a statement worthy of the ARRSE Mess Quotations book...

doesn't help much but the Band March "Girls in Grey" was dedicated to the QAs - the music is more familiar as the theme music for the old Pathe newsreels.

Now where's my gasmask...

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
ViroBono said:

Still don't know how they got a QA in one though.

:idea: Did they sew a couple of barrage balloons together ?

:( No, it'd still be a tight fit.

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
No, GP3_B, what she's really thinking is:
"I wish that pie eating barstard RTFQ would stop flicking his range glue around the office - he bloody nearly got it in my eye just then!"

It has been said by many a QA that you are revolting didn't know they meant this way Generalissimo D-L of the Confederation to LIberaTe OuR Independent Selves. Unfortunately its abbreviation is clitoris, so non of us males will find it.

The uniform is grey and red to blend in with/disguise the majority of the multitude of bodily fluid stains either flung at or squirted on nurses at every bloody opportunity!

The barrage balloon material was used not only due to fiduciary ingenuity but also due to the fabric being of the correct tensile strength to maintain nurses' virtues against ingress by "undesirables" ....in the days when such things were of import.

mizkrissi said:
The uniform is grey and red to blend in with/disguise the majority of the multitude of bodily fluid stains either flung at or squirted on nurses at every bloody opportunity!
Don't see white mentioned there :twisted:

dui-lai said:
mizkrissi said:
Well man glue usually goes a kind of clearish greyish colour on fabrics when it dries particularly on cotton tshirts and jeans........
I errr ummmm mean ummmm not that I know anything about such things 8)

mizkrissi said:
dui-lai said:
mizkrissi said:
Well man glue usually goes a kind of clearish greyish colour on fabrics when it dries particularly on cotton tshirts and jeans........
I errr ummmm mean ummmm not that I know anything about such things 8)
Get over here woman, i want to meet you :twisted:

And, yeah C_C, no shiit mentioned.......my favourite topic 8O

dui-lai said:
Get over here woman, i want to meet you :twisted:

And, yeah C_C, no shiit mentioned.......my favourite topic 8O

Dammit dui-lai you know I love it when you get all forceful and masculine and speak to me in that "I am the Master of the Universe kneel and tremble before me" tone.

Will C-C be there in his position as moderator?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Benny687 Infantry 17
F Health and Fitness 3
J Infantry 11