A little help, please

Discussion in 'Professionally Qualified, RAMC and QARANC' started by tomneedshelp, Jan 27, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hello,

Please could someone tell me why QA's wear Grey and Claret. Having read some posting in this section, I am aware and resigned to receiving answers that are just QA insults, however, I do need to know the real reason too.

Many thanks

Tom (Not a QA, my girlfriend is)

2. 'cos that's what's issued?

3. I always thought it was a combination of Queen Alexandra's personal colours, mixed with the Dannebrog.

I could be totally wrong!! :D

4. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

Is the answer, cos it is?

5. Is the grey a reference to battleships and the scarlet as in "scarlet women"?

.......or perhaps I should phone a friend!

6. ViroBono

ViroBono LE Moderator

Scarlet and grey because they were the colours of the QAIMNS.

Grey is also the colour of barrage balloons, from which many of the QA's enormous dresses are made - it was an early example of smart procurement.

7. Purple_Flash

Purple_Flash War Hero Moderator

lol @ VB!

Drollest thing that i have read in ages!

That is a statement worthy of the ARRSE Mess Quotations book...

8. doesn't help much but the Band March "Girls in Grey" was dedicated to the QAs - the music is more familiar as the theme music for the old Pathe newsreels.

Now where's my gasmask...

9. Cutaway

Cutaway LE Reviewer

Still don't know how they got a QA in one though.

:idea: Did they sew a couple of barrage balloons together ?

:( No, it'd still be a tight fit.

10. Cutaway

Cutaway LE Reviewer

No, GP3_B, what she's really thinking is:
    "I wish that pie eating barstard RTFQ would stop flicking his range glue around the office - he bloody nearly got it in my eye just then!"

11. If the QAs were even half as horny as 7 of 9, then this little Dui-Lai would be worshipping the ground they walked on....instead of trying to lead a revoloution to free us from their tyranical grip :wink:

12. It has been said by many a QA that you are revolting didn't know they meant this way Generalissimo D-L of the Confederation to LIberaTe OuR Independent Selves. Unfortunately its abbreviation is clitoris, so non of us males will find it.

13. The uniform is grey and red to blend in with/disguise the majority of the multitude of bodily fluid stains either flung at or squirted on nurses at every bloody opportunity!

The barrage balloon material was used not only due to fiduciary ingenuity but also due to the fabric being of the correct tensile strength to maintain nurses' virtues against ingress by "undesirables" ....in the days when such things were of import.