A little (drug) knowledge is (can be) a dangerous thing.

DaManBugs

LE
Book Reviewer
Comprehensive information about all drugs should be available to everyone in order to prevent such tragic and avoidable cases as this:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ting-white-heroin-sold-cocaine-Amsterdam.html

When you sniff Charlie, it leaves a, sort of, sweety taste on the back of your throat, before it numbs it. White smack (in fact all smack), on the other hand, goes down your throat with a very bitter taste when you snort it, before it works its magic. If that simple fact had been made known to these poor folks, there’s a good chance they’d still be alive.

This is not particularly a spiel for the legalisation of drugs (which I would certainly welcome, but which is probably far in the future), but much rather for the distribution of accurate and relevant, impartial information about ALL drugs, so that folks, young and old, can make up their own minds and come to an informed decision about whether to use them or not. This is not a problem that’s simply going to go away just because we refuse to address it properly.

MsG

I've always thought smack makes you tell lies about the British army whacking out your family.

DaManBugs

LE
Book Reviewer
Smackhead
Wow! That's original! I've never heard (or read) that before. Did you come up with that all on your lonesome? Would you like to step back and take a break due to the intense intellectual effort?

MsG

Comprehensive information about all drugs should be available to everyone in order to prevent such tragic and avoidable cases as this:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ting-white-heroin-sold-cocaine-Amsterdam.html

When you sniff Charlie, it leaves a, sort of, sweety taste on the back of your throat, before it numbs it. White smack (in fact all smack), on the other hand, goes down your throat with a very bitter taste when you snort it, before it works its magic. If that simple fact had been made known to these poor folks, there’s a good chance they’d still be alive.

This is not particularly a spiel for the legalisation of drugs (which I would certainly welcome, but which is probably far in the future), but much rather for the distribution of accurate and relevant, impartial information about ALL drugs, so that folks, young and old, can make up their own minds and come to an informed decision about whether to use them or not. This is not a problem that’s simply going to go away just because we refuse to address it properly.

MsG
It's a scandal that the fact hard drugs are dangerous is kept such a closely guarded secret. How can people be expected to know they are bad for them when only the tv, papers, government, films and popular culture cover the issue. It's a national disgrace.

DaManBugs

LE
Book Reviewer
Er, the sweet comes from what it is cut with.
It doesn't, actually (and Charlie smells just a bit of cat-piss), but why do you state that? It's what I indicated in my first post: there's a real need to provide folks with genuine information about drugs so that they can make their own minds up.

MsG

jarrod248

LE
Gallery Guru
It doesn't, actually (and Charlie smells just a bit of cat-piss), but why do you state that? It's what I indicated in my first post: there's a real need to provide folks with genuine information about drugs so that they can make their own minds up.

MsG
They won't.
The End.

MsG

Unlikely.

I don't know what Heroin tastes like. I intend to find out though, when I'm really old and fcuked up anyway. People don't get addicted to it because it's shit - do they?

But I do know what coke tastes like and describing it as sweet isn't really a very good way of putting it. It has a distinctive taste, but it's not really sweet.

It's unlikely that these men hadn't sampled cocaine before, and if they hadn't, then looking out for a particular taste wouldn't be very helpful on your first try. They'd have taken it anyway and if they'd not numbed up nice and quick, then they'd have chonked up another fatter line while cursing the cut of their charlie.

Unless you're a successful Columbian, coke lines tend to be quite small. I'm surprised you'd get enough heroin in one to kill you.

Command_doh

LE
Book Reviewer
Ah, bollocks. I can't be arrsed engaging the crack meister. I doubt Bugsy has been anywhere near pure coke in his life (liquid, powder or otherwise), otherwise he would know it reeks of chemicals. By the time it gets anywhere near the street, it has been cut with so much other shit - sugar, pro plus, whatever, that it barely resembles the original product.

As an earlier post states, people don't need to be spoon fed, there is enough information on illicit drugs in the public domain to fill up China if it was printed out.

Who cares. If people take drugs they do so in the knowledge that that there might be bad consequences. I'd imagine most if the people who die are greater experts on the subject than the OP.

Oh dear, how very sad. People die consuming proscribed drugs purchased from a random street pusher in Amsterdam.

Darwin Awards all round I'd say. No loss.

Sixty

ADC
Book Reviewer
This can only end well.....

Doesn't cocaine make you set the 100 metre record in Ireland and hold it for decades (although of course there is no proof).

Wow! That's original! I've never heard (or read) that before. Did you come up with that all on your lonesome? Would you like to step back and take a break due to the intense intellectual effort?

MsG

Or you could step back and come up with a more coherent first post. What is the point you're trying to make?

I thought kids were given a lot of information in schools, I've seen a load of leaflets describing all sorts of drugs. And it was very well produced material, all the pros and cons clearly explained.

Elindio

Old-Salt
Actually, Talk to Frank does quite well providing the information you deem necessary, Bugsy.
Of course the best advise is don't buy shit from random people on the street!

NSP

LE
Oh dear, how very sad. People die consuming proscribed drugs purchased from a random street pusher in Amsterdam.

Darwin Awards all round I'd say. No loss.
I find myself in agreement. The Mong was strong with these two.

Datsun 120Y

Old-Salt

MsG

There is information provided though "Do drugs and get arrested". Presumably because drugs are perfectly safe and should be encouraged as part of your 5 a day.

Latest Threads