A little advice please.....?

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by What_now?, Feb 15, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. A while back, to my eternal shame I went along to an RCB (wanted to be a squaddie but parents kept calling me cannon fodder and mum kept crying about where she'd gone wrong so seemed like a suitable compromise at the time) and rather surprisingly failed.

Now considering they don't give you a great deal of feedback (my letter simply said "No discernable leadership qualities"), I thought a professional opinion might clear things up for me.

As I see it, there are 4 possible options that could have affected my sucessful application and these are:

1)When asked which form of leadership was best I said Meritocratic rather than Autocratic.

2)When asked how you would make decisions as an officer in a situation you've never seen before, I said draw on training and ask the men as they have more experience than me and know what they're doing.

3)When asked what we should do about asylum seekers hijacking planes to come over to UK (was in the "current affairs" section), I said for god's sake don't send them back by plane!

4)And finally when on exercise whilst a fellow candidate was jumping from the top of a ladder that wouldn't reach, held by a rope at some distance, to the top of a corrugate iron wall, I shouted "Be careful!"

Any clues to my sad demise would be greatly appreciated.... :(

2. waaaaaaaaaaah

3. Your a tw@t just top youself.

4. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

Waaaaaa En-kerr

5. Many moons ago, we had a chap fail OTC selection because he started crying during a command task because no one would listen to him. When he was binned he still didn't understand why. Was that you?

6. Try the Royal Artillery and work your way up through the ranks.

7. Well that certainly clears a few things up

8. No probs, thats what we're here for.

9. I did try artillery!

10. This has got to be a wah...

have you considered applying for the Legion of Frontiersman?

11. YOU WILL HAVE TO SPEAK UP, IT'S THE GUNS YOU KNOW.

WHAAAAT.

12. Milsum: Nope, I'm the girl who complained about having to do the baby sized assault course!

13. Well I suggest you don't worry your pretty little head about it and go and make us all a bacon butty.