A link to the petition that counts

Discussion in 'Gaming and Software' started by boney_m, Jul 22, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Ladies and gents - i've put a board up giving a link to the current petition regarding SSAFA and their planning application to provide a place for families to stay while their loved ones attend re-hab in Headley Court.

I know alot of people who use SL spend alot of time elsewhere in the world. If you want a copy of the board to put up where you can, let me know.

[​IMG]

2. Yup me please.

3. I'll change the permissions on the ones on the island so that its copyable and modifyable - then you can do what you like with it.

4. Many thanks for this Boney :)

Is this the first petition in SL?

Is there any other way this can be broadcast, without 'spamming' in Sl , so to speak?

5. If anyone owns land or property they can put a sign up. If anyone is mates with someone who owns a popular area on SL they could ask to put up a sign - otherwise its spamming. A sure fire way to have your SL account suspended is to be reported as a spammer.

6. Cheers Boney re copy and mod, will pick one or two up later.

IM'd on SL regarding sign - surely there is nothing stopping us advertising it in Events, tis after all an Event? :D That way its listed and gets a wider audience...

7. Well, the public planning commitee meeting on the 1st August will be a public event, and available on the WWW via webcam live too....

8. Well it is possible to advertise both as events, there is an Event listing on Search - with daily weekly events. (timings etc)

9. Got message on SL Boney. thats a bastard! Still nothing to stop us (as Im doing now) a notecard (as an inventory item) and dropping it to the owners of brit groups/brit mil/brit mil walting groups on SL, is there?

Ive PM'd PTP and asked for the 'official' line for the notecard with linky to petition and website? er..not this one obviously.

I can cover about...hmmmmm...20 groups with owners I actually know, (mind I have no issue with dropping it to group owners I dont know) Ive also poked Mr H and said I'll drop him the notecard :roll: who doesnt he know!!.

Going to take copy now of your board and stick it on the sim I play on, will also group notice those associated with that sim (attach the notecard), and ask them to pass on the notecard to any UK citizens they know.

Anything else I should add to notecard?

10. Oh whilst on the subject of events, couldnt we advertise a clothing sale in the PRI.......and stick thePetition board in there?? Mr H..has clothes....

That way it covers the rules about Event advertising.... *grins*

11. I'll re-read the event rules - which are extensive believe me. The rules also state that anyone breaching them "will have disciplinary action taken against them". Its like going through daily orders - and i'm not doing a stint of ROP's, not even for a cause this good.

12. Have the sale as a fund raiser each item of clothing could come with a note card explaining about the petition subtle advertising :D

13. The lands group owned and we can call it a 'discussion', just needs a host :D

erm..edited to add, I've had disciplinary action (guilt by association), it wasnt a warning it was a suspension, sooooooooo just incase Mr H, looks like you are hosting!! :D