A letter arrived today??

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by dave11, May 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hello
    Today I received a letter (well a document) for a opticians to fill in. This doc never came with a cover letter explaining on what to do, or why they randomly sent it.
    Now it is very clear that i have to get my eyes test.:)
    I severed 5 years in the Infantry, and after 4 years out the game I am now re-applying to join the RAMC as a CMT. I submitted my 203 form around 2-3months ago and today I got this document titled 'RG8 PART 1: OPTICIANS REPORT' out of the blue.
    There is a return address stamped on the envelope saying 'PO BOX 4085, LICHFIELD, WS14 9ZU'
    I have included this address because i expressed interest of the TA. (no application forms were sent to them although they did send me them to complete). But decided Regulars is more me. Could this be the TA sending me this letter? or regs?
    I will ring up careers office tomorrow and see what they say but thought I would ask on here anyway to see if anyone had any thoughts.

Dave

2. sup rec

sup rec LE Book Reviewer

Regardless of Regular ot TA the medical requirements are the same. If you put on you med paperwork that ypu wear or have worn glasses or contact lenses then you nedd to get the opticians report completed and sent back. Depending what opticians you use you may have to pay for this (Specsavers is £10), the Army will NOT pay for this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.