A lesson for us all

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by muzzleflash, Aug 29, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Let's hope that one day, the appeasement monkey's in government find the same balls:

Australia tells it as it is.....

Muslims who want to live under Islamic Sharia law were told on Wednesday to get out of Australia , as the government targeted radicals in a bid to head off potential terror attacks.

A day after a group of mainstream Muslim leaders pledged loyalty to Australia at a special meeting with Prime Minister John Howard, he and his ministers made it clear that extremists would face a crackdown.

Treasurer Peter Costello, seen as heir apparent to Howard, hinted that some radical clerics could be asked to leave the country if they did not accept that Australia was a secular state and its laws were made by parliament.

"If those are not your values, if you want a country which has Sharia law or a theocratic state, then Australia is not for you," he said on national television.

"I'd be saying to clerics who are teaching that there are two laws governing people in Australia, one the Australian law and another the Islamic law, that is false. If you can't agree with parliamentary law, independent courts, democracy, and would prefer Sharia law and have the opportunity to go to another country, which practices it, perhaps, then, that's a better option," Costello said.

Asked whether he meant radical clerics would be forced to leave, he said those with dual citizenship could possibly be asked to move to the other country.

Education Minister Brendan Nelson later told reporters that Muslims who did not want to accept local values should "clear off".

"Basically, people who don't want to be Australians, and they don't want to live by Australian values and understand them, well then they can basically clear off," he said. Separately, Howard angered some Australian Muslims on Wednesday by saying he supported spy agencies monitoring the nation's mosques.

USA and Canada ..... ARE YOU LISTENING?

IMMIGRANTS, NOT AUSTRALIANS, MUST ADAPT. Take It Or Leave It ! I am tired of this nation worrying about whether we are offending some individual or their culture. Since the terrorist attacks on Bali , we have experienced a surge in patriotism by the majority of Australians.

However, the dust from the attacks had barely settled when the "politically correct" crowd began complaining about the possibility that our patriotism was offending others. I am not against immigration, nor do I hold a grudge against anyone who is seeking a better life by coming to Australia .

However, there are a few things that those who have recently come to our country, and apparently some born here, need to understand.

This idea of Australia being a multicultural community has served only to dilute our sovereignty and our national identity. As Australians, we have our own culture, our own society, our own language and our own lifestyle.

This culture has been developed over two centuries of struggles, trials and victories by millions of men and women who have sought freedom. We speak mainly ENGLISH, not Spanish, Lebanese, Arabic, Chinese, Japanese, Russian, or any other language. Therefore, if you wish to become part of our society, then learn the language!

Most Australians believe in God. This is not some Christian, right wing, political push but a fact because Christian men and women, on Christian principles, founded this nation, and this is clearly documented. It is certainly appropriate to display it on the walls of our schools. If God offends you, then I suggest you consider another part of the world as your new home, Because God is part of our culture.

We will accept your beliefs and will not question why, all we ask is that you accept ours and live in harmony and peaceful enjoyment with us.

If the Southern Cross offends you, or you don't like "A Fair Go", then you should seriously consider a move to another part of this planet.

We are happy with our culture and have no desire to change, and we really don't care how you did things where you came from. By all means keep your culture but do not force it on others.

This is OUR COUNTRY, OUR LAND, and OUR LIFESTYLE, and we will allow you every opportunity to enjoy all this, but once you are done complaining, whining, and griping about Our Flag, Our Pledge, Our Christian beliefs, or Our Way of Life, I highly encourage you take advantage of one other great Australian/Canadian/US/British et al freedom, "THE RIGHT TO LEAVE."

If you aren't happy here then LEAVE. We didn't force you to come here. You asked to be here. So accept the country YOU accepted.
  2. Brilliant. Politicians with balls!
  3. Well said that man. UK politicos please take note of the above statement.

Blair.....that means you :lol:

4. too many votes to loose if they said that here!
  5. I wonder if the extremist response to Mr Costello will now be a death threat.
  6. Really, whose? :?
  7. Tytus_Barnowl

Tytus_Barnowl On ROPs

Balir would never deliver such a speech containing the underlying UK sentiment, it is the truth and Tony doesn't "do" truth.
    He is after all the great appeaser of terrorists remember 1997. Does anyone think that any terrorist grouping eg the Kurds are going to give up their attacks. IMHO NO. It is too easy to attack "Commercial Targets" there is little risk involved and as Blair in his role as an international statesman has shown the world they will get their own way in the end.
  8. Absolutely, stonkingly, brilliant. I have no doubt at all that there is not a single mainstream politician in this country who has the balls to make such a statement. And I somehow do not see the BBC or Guardian reporting it, unless other mainstream media outlets do so.

But I believe that statement wraps in a nutshell how most of the UK population feels! There are almost certainly a huge number of votes for the politician who dares say what the public have been thinking for years now. But, I very much doubt any of them will. Although, you have to keep an eye on that Frank Fields (lab) guy. He seems pretty willing to speak honestly. Enough so that he was sacked for speaking the unthinkable...after expressly being told to do so by TB!

Makes me glad I am emigrating.....to Australia! (Cue flick flacks around the house etc!)
  9. the 4% of the voting public (aka ethnic minorities) and 4 % a huge amount when other folks who bitch about immigration an sh1t can't be fcuking bothered to vote!

no way a brit pol would spout anything like this, first off they'd be in court with racial incitement, and a fatwah would be on their head! they'd rather sit in their 2nd homes earning 60K a year and a further 25-30K for admin duties and staff.....

be nice for one to say what a large % of the popn is thinking though!
  10. unfortunately it is no longer acceptable to speak your mind in britain unless you belong to one of these poor under-funded, over-exploited ethnic minority groups. none of our politicians, especially the dear leader and his minions would dare upset one of these people. much better to turn the defence budget into welfare grants. the aussies have a strong sense of national identity (formed during WW1, Gallipoli and all that, so im told). it is a shame that our sense of being british has been diluted by the P C attitude of lefty do-gooding nob rots. Tony Bliar and all his mates should be Fcuked and burned in my opinion.

Funiliy enough, another one looking at moving down under................
  11. Good God: honesty, common sense and a robust defence of the secular, christian state... Whatever next?
  12. The way things are going, we soon will be a minority group!!!!!
  13. Peter Costello's remarks were made in August 2005, this piece has appeared on Arrse before.

This excerpt, is an embellishment to the original piece.

This part has not been attributed to any Australian politician.......

It is however, an adaptation of this