A leaving do with a difference.

Discussion in 'Seniors' started by The13thDukeOfWybourne, Jun 14, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. As the title suggests, I'm trying to organise a management leaving do for about 30 people, including partners, in July. I would like to try something a little different from the norm. We're in Tidworth - but can travel ... and the cheaper the better.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
  2. Set-up some sort of orienteering activity where people go in pairs and need to hit check points in order to 'win' food (and drink if you like) that they get to cook on a BBQ at the end. You can use public wooded areas but check if you can have an open fire. You could make it as easy or as hard as you like, but you'd have to think about how long it would take the least capable. (Don't actually put the food out, keep it a cool box and get them to collect tokens). Very cheap, but you'd need to do some work and have a rehearsal or two to iron out the wrinkles.

I did this a few years ago in Germany for the patch and it worked well but have a think about who you get to partner up - I had two of the couples having major arguments (".....women and maps....." etc) but it was entertaining.
  3. The Tower of London (Ceremony of the Keys) or the Houses of Parliament have been done recently by our Mess and were a good day/night out.
  4. There is a waiting list for the Tower of London and at such short notice you would not be able to get in and the Group's are limited to about 50 people !
  5. Have done the Houses of Parliament before - It's very interesting and worth going. There's an ex Sapper in the Black Rod staff who conducts the tour who can be a little more 'humorous' than they normally would be.
  6. You could try the Royal Hospital, check that you can get an invite to their bar first though.