Discussion in 'Charities and Welfare' started by mwl946, Jun 23, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. mwl946

mwl946 LE Good Egg (charities)

A LAP FOR A LIFE - 28th August 2010 North Inch, Perth.

The aim of this event is to complete one full lap of the North Inch for every serviceman or woman who has lost their life during the current conflict in Afghanistan. Each lap is 1.3 miles and will be run in teams as a relay.

We aim to raise £15,000 to be split equally between Holidays4heroes and BLESMA.

We have a "just giving" page for BLESMA, but due to the fact that hols4h is not yet a registered charity, we are unable to set one up for them.

I will personally be dragging my 54 year old carcass (accompanied by one of the Slingsby Team) around 4 laps - one for each of the 4 Black Watch, 3 Scots who have died. My daughter will be running 10 laps in memory of those from RHF, 2 Scots. There is no minimum or maximum number of laps per person - but we will run, walk or hobble until every life has been remembered.

I would ask -

Please pledge your support by sponsorship

Join us on the day to run, walk, tin-rattle or help man the hols4heroes stall

A dedicated paypal account is being set up to allow direct payments- will post as soon as available.

PLEASE, PLEASE HELP, Thank you
  2. If I come up to run/walk/hobble is there any chance of floor for the night? I will do a lap for every Riffleman we've lost.
  3. mwl946

Can easily be arranged - was going to suggest perhaps some post-run drinkies for the ARRSE contingent might be in order; there are some excellent watering holes in Perth.

Edited to add - serious bit of running you d have to do, The rifles have fared rather worse than most
  4. mwl946

Early morning :bounce: and a request....

Can anyone point me in the direction of a supplier of reasonably priced medals plus ribbons for the participants?? The committee will have to fund these ourselves, so no gold-plated fancy stuff! Thanks
  5. mwl946

Thank you PT, will look into that, and thank you for your good wishes x
  6. mwl946

Mid afternoon bump!
  7. I may be able to make it down for this one to lend a hand.

My knees are unlikely to let me take part but if you send me 2 sponsorship forms I am happy to twist a few arms in sponsoring Owl and Gb.
  8. mwl946

Cheers Tabs, will get them in the post to you :D :D :D

Anyone else who wishes to gather sponsors for me ?????
  9. Hi Owl, OK, OK, put my name down too for running/jogging/stumbling for this good cause.
    Please send me out a sponsor sheet.
    Any chance of some floor space for me too?
    PM on its way re ribbons etc.
  10. mwl946

Woo-hoo!! Starting to look like "team arrse maidens" will be strutting their stuff, thanks gals xx PMs to follow

Been lots of developments today - all positive - will share once all confirmed
  11. Porridge_gun

Porridge_gun LE Good Egg (charities)

Drop a PM to Meridian, he may be able to add a page to the Hols4heroes website
  12. Forgive my ignorance, what or where is the "north inch"
  13. mwl946

Have done - will be adding the link to our facebook page.
  14. mwl946