A kind gesture to a fallen soldier

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Fireplace, Jun 24, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

• Like Like x 5
  1. Yeah nice article..

2. Mancunians - salt of the earth.

Whomever you are sir or madam, well played, great gesture. In this sometimes crappy world a spark of humanity rises above the crud level to glow like a beacon.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Well played Sir/Ma'am.

• Like Like x 1
  4. These places always affect me enormously. Well done Arezzo C.W.G.C. & their gardeners!

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  5. How beautifully kept it is - it's actually pretty.

6. Nice article then you look at the other article links below. There must be more good news stories than bad ones, but then they dont sell papers do they.

7. Promontory?

8. That has been my impression of every CWGC i've visited. While a sombre & respectful atmosphere prevails, I've always found then uplifting in a way. All the lads together as far as possible & beautifully tended & cared for.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Sympathetic_Reaction

Sympathetic_Reaction LE Book Reviewer

I was in Northern France on holiday with the family and we came across a CWGC and I pushed the rest of the family in. On looking in the book we found a familiar name and on ringing my Grandmother were quite shocked to find that we'd found the grave of her cousin who had died just after D-Day working who was an Able-Seaman working as a radio operator.

Wonderful place to visit, brilliantly looked after and the family link made it even more special.

S_R

Attached Files:

10. Too true. I can only hope that 100 years from the day I die, some drippy cunt travels hundreds of miles to crayon patronising shit on my grave.

• Like Like x 1