A joining the SF thread

Discussion in 'ARRSE: Site Issues' started by Good CO, Feb 14, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

After yet another 'them, 'they' type thread of utter balls I wonder if we need a permanent glued to the top of all appropriate forums called 'joining the sf' written by an AGC SPS member / Adjutant with current knowledge. It should be very very short. Something like:

Serving forces only.
    See your company clerk and get them to produce the (insert relevant document) from their stash and then read it.
    Get interview with OC and or see Adjutant directly.
    Your right to do it.

I imagine there are TA variations.

If anyone wants to do this please post then send me an email to admin@arrse.co.uk (NOT A PM!) and I'll make it sticky and duplicate it where necessary, then lock them.

Thanks!

2. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

In fact... a dedicated "why don't you..." forum might be a good thing as I know that aircrew, sf, pathfinders an so on can all be long forgotten opportunities in units where no-one else has done it for a while, mainly for new-ish soldiers to whom it is probably the stuff of rumour. I'm sure there are plenty more courses - NI dog handlers etc etc etc

Any thoughts?

3. Like the idea Good Boss. Might slow down the frequency of those type of posts, although actually expecting people to use the "search" function is clearly too much and therefore won't stop it entirely.

Ghostie