A higher IQ that anticipated

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Jailorinummqasr, Feb 3, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Check out the quaote at the end of the article.

Don't you just love Military Historians!? :twisted:
  2. The best part of Farenheit 9/11 was the two marine recruiting chaps press-ganging young men in the shopping mall :lol: :lol: :lol:
  3. maybe corporal should re-up :p
  4. Perhaps Tomahawk6 could as well! :)
  5. First, Tomahawk6 is Army, poor chap.

Second, I'd go back in a heartbeat, but alas time has caught up with me.
  6. Missing the monthly goal by 84 isn't too bad at all. It would be troubling if they had missed it by 500. Also recruiting is affected by the state of the economy. Our economy is picking up steam and there is more opportunity in the private sector. Of course we are at war and some people dont want to run the risk of death or injury as a result those that do volunteer do so for patriotic reasons.
  7. It is an indication how things are going, plenty reports of increased signing on fees etc for the Army. I hope the econmy keep growing, I'll need a job to 2 years! As long the $ keep sliping against the £ i'll be happy and relatively rich man!
  8. Stay in the UK.
  9. Cutaway

Cutaway LE Reviewer

Time and the Incest Police.
  10. not just there but here too... royal is upping its payout to any marine who introduces another recruit into successful training from £250 to £1000 a head...it seems the war on terror has rattled the potential recruits who have changed their minds.
  11. Well, at least those who do join up are going in with their eyes wide open - not likely to be many signing up for a settled & orderly life with minimal risk of actually having to engage in combat.
    Those who join now will be the truly committed & more likely to make a career of the Marines.
    Saves weeding out later.