A hard brexit trade proposal

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Sure. Who needs US goods anyway? I'm sure the Apple/Microsoft and other technology addicted will be just fine.
We can't have US Apples as they will probably be washed in chlorine! :rolleyes:

Sure. Who needs US goods anyway? I'm sure the Apple/Microsoft and other technology addicted will be just fine.
Apple? All their stuff is made in China, and so count as Chinese exports. And neither Apple nor Microsoft are headquartered in Trump territory anyway, so there's no reason to target them.

And as I said, the retaliatory tariffs being imposed by China, Canada, Mexico, and Europe aren't being chosen at random. They are being selected to maximise the pain felt by the parts of the US with influential republicans and Trump supporters. The things to put retaliatory tariffs on are being selected right down to the level of looking at which Trump supporting senator or congressman has which company in his riding or state, and then focusing the pain on them to a dollar value equal to the tariffs imposed by the US. All items selected are readily available elsewhere, either domestically or from other exporters.

This whole saga started a year ago, and so far the Whitehouse predictions that everyone would immediately cave into US demands have not come to pass. Instead, retaliatory tariffs on US exports are being increased.

Apple? All their stuff is made in China, and so count as Chinese exports. And neither Apple nor Microsoft are headquartered in Trump territory anyway, so there's no reason to target them.

And as I said, the retaliatory tariffs being imposed by China, Canada, Mexico, and Europe aren't being chosen at random. They are being selected to maximise the pain felt by the parts of the US with influential republicans and Trump supporters. The things to put retaliatory tariffs on are being selected right down to the level of looking at which Trump supporting senator or congressman has which company in his riding or state, and then focusing the pain on them to a dollar value equal to the tariffs imposed by the US. All items selected are readily available elsewhere, either domestically or from other exporters.

This whole saga started a year ago, and so far the Whitehouse predictions that everyone would immediately cave into US demands have not come to pass. Instead, retaliatory tariffs on US exports are being increased.
Yup. Tech manufactured in China but a lot of it developed in the US. Going to get messy. I'd say Euro resources will run out or become inaccessible before those in the US. Wars have kicked off for less and that may be where the real players step onto the stage.