A Guitar owner's thread

Discussion in 'Films, Music and All Things Artsy' started by TheBigUn, Nov 5, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Inspired by gasmark's post in the classified ads forum I thought I would see if there are any other Arrser's who are also guitar players?

Electric Guitar For Sale

Do you know your Chet Atkins from your Eddie Van Halen? Your Fender Stratocaster from your Rickenbacker 360-12?

Do you pluck, strum or use a pick/plectrum? Do you spend too much time fretting?

Or like me do you just make an infernal indistinguishable racket and convince yourself it sounds great? :oops:

I own a Fender/Squier steel string dreadnought a Gibson Les Paul (cheap version) and a nameless nylon string classical guitar. None of which I'm particularly good at playing with my bratwurst size fingers.

Anyway if you have any favourite tabs or chord diagrams (for novices) tips, tricks or recommendations please feel free to share. :D
    • Like Like x 1
  2. I won a guitar last year from Xfm signed by Amy McDonald it's an epiphone copy of a les paul worth about £250 do intend to learn to play it sometime
  3. I own:

1987 Fender Japan 'JV' Strat, brass nut, scalloped fretboard, custom lace sensors

Jackson DK2. Kerry King active EMG pickups

Kramer Vanguard, custom aluminium scratchplate, Kerry King active EMG pickups

Schecter C7, scalloped fretboard, custom slim neck.

Rockster Dragon "Tattoo", Bareknuckle pickups

Wesley Bass, active pickups

4. I own a black and white Fender Precision bass with a rosewood neck.

Been playing for 6 years now, don't know many bassists that play with a plectrum, although i don't play Southern Comfort as much as i should (oh yes, i named her).
  5. Another low-ender here with an ever growing family...

2x Vester Maniac basses, one original spec, one that's being- ahem- 'modified'...
    BC Rich Warlock bass
    Dean Flying V bass... rather 'modified'...
    Dean Performer electro-acoustic bass
    Dean Razorback bass
    Dean DOA '09 V-Zilla bass (20 made)
    Dean DOA '03 Cadillac bass (25 made)

Playing through a Hartke at the moment but upgrading to an Ashdown ABM or Marshall stack in the new year. Can't get my fucking head round a plectrum for the life of me though... :roll:
  6. Fender JD Telecaster (no surprise there).Also, a couple of disassembled Hofner solids in the attic, where most good ideas end up...
  7. After a sabatical of 10 years me and my band started rehearsels again,intending to play a few gigs after we have enough songs and the bollocks to jump on stage again :roll: .

I have a 82' Ibanez steelstring acoustic.
    75' Ibanez Les Paul
    Early 90's Ibanez J series
    Early 90's Squier Telecaster

My amp is a Engl 50 watts all tube combo
    For effects I use a Zoom 1010
  8. Any chance of you playing a gig at the Traf?
  9. Carvin AE185 - main player / "grab a guitar and make some noise"
    Carvin Nomad tube amp
    Gibson "BB King" (No; not the Epiphone version) signed by BB from a BADD (Bikers against Drunk Drivers) concert. Won the charity auction.
    Takamine FP160 acoustic/electric
    Ovation 2000 Anniversary Adamas

Anyone old enough might remember us playing the Tuesday night dances at Arborfield Boy's School in the mid-'60s, along with the Christmas parties and every other Saturday nights in the Sergeants Mess - fun times!
  10. Well, I still have that PRS Tremonti SE as nobody wants to buy it yet.

I also have a BC Rich Kerry King signature V and a Yamaha strat copy thing that I bought as my tour guitar (cheap and not too arsed if it gets bashed). I played that through a smokey amp but at home I have a Marshall 50 watt thing and an assortment of effects pedals.

Totally self taught
  11. Errrr.. I consider myself an acquaintance of Lorainne,but I think she'll kick my b0ll0cks if we decided to play there,as we play rock/metal. :twisted:

Besides that, do you pay for the travel milage? :p
  12. maninblack

maninblack LE Book Reviewer

Squier (Korea) Telecaster.....black.
    Fender Musicmaster Bass.....black
    Fender Precision Bass....black
    Ibanez electro-acoustic....black
    Epiphone Les Paul......black
    Stratocaster type thing that I built from parts.....foul metallic blue (I promise to respray it black)
    Crafter acoustic bass....tiger grain wood
    Antoria flat back mandolin....mahogany
  13. Only joking, it's probably too small for the Cloggie Doom sound!
  14. Got an epiphone les paul and a rather pleasant turner electro acoustic and a number of crappy lower range electrics that sit gathering dust.
    Out of intrest how did you get on keeping a guitar in the block? I used to get a little worked up having people demand oasis songs everytime they spotted my dinted old fender acoustic in the corner. It took a couple of years but eventually people stopped trying to turn old Robbo into a DPM jukebox.