A GSR to borrow or contact details for CBRN Centre

Discussion in 'The Training Wing' started by ForcesResources, Sep 30, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi All

On the 7th November I will be embarking on a charity event to raise money for the Army Benevolent Fund which will involve me doing my usual 4 day delivery run to BFG in 4 Romeo.
    Charity Event Page

Although I am sure I can complete it in the S10 it would be a hell of a lot more comfortable and safer with the single visor of the new General Service Respirator.

Does anybody know of any units that have one that I could loan until after the event or contact details for the CBRN Centre.

I did my instructors course in 2004 and the contact details that I have from then have changed.

Thanks in advance for any help that you can offer

2. msr

msr LE

4 Romeo? Is that where the eye pieces are blacked out?

msr

3. No doubt through degradation you'll have lost about 3st by the time you've completed this little trek, & I hope you'll be carrying out the correct U & D drills if you want no.1s or 2s on the way. :wink:

4. Absolutely, you never know who will be watching. I was thinking about getting a camera feed onto the website but it would be too way expensive.

To answer the question 2 up.
    Dress cat 4R: Boots, Suit, gloves inner, gloves outer, respirator (normal Plano lenses) & hood up and helmet.

PS. There will be no summer suits or drilled cannisters either. Everything is above board.

5. So Al Qaeda might strike with their gas bombs, but at least one bloke'll be fine ;)

Can't help you re the ressie, but best of luck anyway. I think you must be bit nuts to be doing this in full IPE.

6. I can't help with your request, but best of luck!

Especially at Customs. When they ask you to remove your respirator, don't forget to keep your eyes closed while you state Number, Rank and Name. :)

7. As far as I'm aware, no-one (apart from trialling units in theatre) have the GSR yet.

Just man up and wear your S10 :wink:

Best of luck :D

8. That's why I am going to be looking to the school at Winterbourne Gunner. I have tried the company that make them but they don't have the authority to let me have one.