A gorilla protection ranger is killed in an ambush by rebels

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Biped, Nov 7, 2007.

?
  1. Yes, it's their bush-tucker, let 'em kill it!

7.7%
  2. No, (gasp) it's sooo wrong (wring hands)

11.5%
  3. Why, why, I ought ta . . .

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Oooh a jolly to whack the natives, sign me up!

36.5%
  5. A new training ground for 'Them' - send 'em in!

44.2%

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

Another life lost!

Full Clicky

As far as I'm concerned, and although I might be considered as being slightly leaning to the right of Atila the Hun, I'm very concerned for the preservation of nature and wildlife (excluding chavs), and it breaks my heart to hear of the deaths of these great beasts, and the deaths of rangers trying to protect a national park.

I know that most of you (apart from Anakey and Sven) love the countryside and many of you wouldn't pass up a chance to go and visit some of these places, so, why not take a gun and shoot some poachers for 'sport'.

I'm thinking that there must be some skilled deer hunters, snipers and THEM who would love a holiday in which they can preserve endangered species simply through the application of a rifle, hunting skills and the extermination of some elements of a particularly stupid species.

So, waddya say? :D

2. Can I be the first to offer my condolences?

RIP etc?

Or should that be Congolences? :oops:

3. Biped,

I have worked a lot in DRC. This very sad story is something that continues on a daily basis:

Gorillas

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/1338646.stm

Hippos

http://whc.unesco.org/en/news/296

They once claimed that the Congo River was home to more elephants than East and South Africa combined ... now the only parts of elephants you see are the ivory for sale.

BTW ... the Mai Mai are phychos of the highest order who enjoy the odd snack of white flesh!

4. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

Oops! To my undying shame, I forgot to mention my condolences to the fallen and my utter OUTRAGE at this TERRIBLE and WRONG OUTRAGEOUSNESS.

Phew, that was close!

On a more serious note: we did rather handsomely against the West Side Boys, who sound like a similar lot, so it wouldn't exactly be a crime against humanity to bump a few off would it?

5. So gorillas need a CP team? I though they were supposed to be hard.

Well, Blackwater might be looking for a new contract sometime soon. Be a bit harsh on the other animals, though.

6. In places like this it'd be great to think that they could give these creatures the protection they deserve. However, with the way the treat humans, it's hardly surprising that they have no concern for the welfare of animals. :(

7. I'm outraged. I think all gorillas should be taken out of their wild habitat, shaved and housed in a garrison town. Some drunk squaddie will marry one and they can live in safety on a married patch. It's worked before!

8. That would work for the females obviously. Any offspring of that unhallowed union could be enlisted into the RM where they would also pass unnoticed. Male gorillas however could simply be shaven and then put on the strength of the RPs.

9. Failing that they could always go into advertising for say... Cadburys :roll:

10. Surprised not to find any rock ape japes here yet.

BTW, overheard at a pub quiz inSunderland: "Have you seen that monkey on the TV ad playing the drums? Must have taken ages to train it".

11. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

Aaah, so it's not just pelts and ivory that's going missing then, and their gonads of course. Cadburies are stealing their drummers too! Utter, utter b@stards! :evil:

12. The poachers themselves should be made fair game. I also think that all rules regarding what weapons i can use be dropped. Upto and including fuel/air munitions, flame throwers and napalm

13. One dead poacher and a colony of fried apes?

14. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mai_Mai

... you can't burn them because they are always wet (mai is water or rain in Swahili) and the water makes them bullet proof ... apparantly :)

15. Attila? Fcuking Lefty poof! :twisted:

Fully agree; Poachers Safari sounds a great idea. Humans are the only animal worth hunting.

Years ago I watched a doco about poaching in Africa; the South Africans had caught a guy trying to poach Rhino. They offered to let him go free and take the Rhino horn - as long as he killed the Rhino with a knife!

They had the poacher pressed up against a cage with a Rhino that the Rangers had captured because they wanted to tag it and treat it for an injury. They kept threatning to open the cage and throw the poacher in - it's the only time I've seen a black man turn white! :twisted: