A good use of Police Resources

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Taffnp, Jun 9, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Obviously Bournemouth is so crime free that Police had nothing to do but stop cyclists breaking the 10mph limit. When caught no action was taken.

Peering out from behind a Dorset beach hut, this police officer is armed with a speed camera waiting to catch cyclists travelling too fast along a promenade. Cyclists on Bournemouth prom have been outraged after Dorset police hid behind beach huts in an attempt to catch cyclists breaking a 10mph speed limit.

http://www.newstin.co.uk/rel/uk/en-010-014997850

2. Personally I don't have a problem with this, cyclists are second only to caravan owners in causing a real danger to cars and pedestrians. Why do these people think they are above the law?

3. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

When I was a kid we used to pinch the bamboo sticks from garden plants and "ambush" cyclists by throwing them into the wheels.

Hours of fun and very effective at reducing speed :D

4. Do you think Dorset Police sit about thinking up ways of making themselves less popular with the local community? If so, I want that job.

5. Well fcuk me, I had no idea bicycles had to have speedometers now. I shall get one fitted to my bike straight away.

6. I think someone's been watching a bit too much Top Gear. :roll:

7. Got to love the sneeky beaky use of beach hut as camouflage

[​IMG]

8. I pushed one off his bike a couple of years ago at Redcar. Given the location it was probably nicked anyway.

9. This seems a bit idiotic to me really:

Police Officer: Got one, watch this, Exuse me sir/madam would you like to stop.

Cyclist: Brings bike to a halt, whats the problem officer?

Police Officer: Are you aware of how fast you were just travelling sir/madam?

Cyclist: No...I'm on my bike and it's not fitted with a speedo.

Police Officer: errr ok, well it was over 10 mph.....don't do it again. Off you go.

Cyclist: errrr ok but how will I know I'm going over 10 mph? As I've just stated I'm on my bike and it doesn't have a speedo.......Idiot.....

Absolutely pointless

10. I know that promenade well, and it does get more than its fair share of the funny shaped helmet mob charging up and down. Bournemouth Council should obtain the services of Alsacien immediately. Armed with a plentiful supply of garden canes, I am sure it would only be a few days before he had these anti-social morons under control.

11. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

It is not possible to watch too much Top Gear.

12. Well said.

Bloody cyclists seem to think they can ignore road signs, traffic lights and use the pavement.

When I'm a pedestrian, if a cyclist (more correctly termed, ignorant tw*t) rides on the pavement I block their path and tell them to get off the pavement.

I think cyclists should pay road tax & have insurance just like that other bunch of dicks, the motorcyclists.

13. Or.... as in many promenades in the UK and abroad, they could add a cycle lane.

14. Or...... the cyclists could get off and walk.

15. Then by your reasoning this should also apply to electric mobility chairs, horses, and any other form of transport.....which use the road. Although I do agree with you about cyclists on the footpath and the idiots who think that they don't need lights on their bikes in poor vis...gives us all a bad name. :x