A Good time to Die

What have I said that would make you think I'm pervy? I'm just the quiet man from down the street, keeping himself to himself.
And as is well known, the quiet ones are ALWAYS the worst.

With regards to the thread title "A good time to die", it most certainly isn't a good time to take ill at present.

I've just been informed that my niece's brother in law died yesterday.

He'd been suffering with a headache and temperature for almost 10 days and was in self isolation at his parents' house.

On Friday he was having a loss of coordination and was taken to hospital whereupon he was tested for COVID-19, these tests were negative and he was subsequently sent home.

His parents found him unresponsive (unconscious) on late Saturday evening and he was blue lighted to hospital where various scans and tests were carried out.

He died several hours later of a previously undiagnosed brain tumour, the bloke was only in his early thirties.

If there wasn't currently a pandemic would the first hospital visit have picked up the tumour?

Fuck knows but a decent lad is now just another statistic.

Because Jesus speaks to us today, through scripture, the sacraments and the Pope.

He's Christian, and definitely not protestant.
You do know he shagged Mary Magdalene round the back of the donkey sheds?
His knees were trembling with that tart long before the carabinieri gripped him and shoved him the pokey for a good spanking. They were rather angry, infact more than, a bit Cross.

With regards to the thread title "A good time to die", it most certainly isn't a good time to take ill at present.

I've just been informed that my niece's brother in law died yesterday.

He'd been suffering with a headache and temperature for almost 10 days and was in self isolation at his parents' house.

On Friday he was having a loss of coordination and was taken to hospital whereupon he was tested for COVID-19, these tests were negative and he was subsequently sent home.

His parents found him unresponsive (unconscious) on late Saturday evening and he was blue lighted to hospital where various scans and tests were carried out.

He died several hours later of a previously undiagnosed brain tumour, the bloke was only in his early thirties.

If there wasn't currently a pandemic would the first hospital visit have picked up the tumour?

**** knows but a decent lad is now just another statistic.
We’ve just been told that my OH’s paternal aunt has died, aged 84. No Coronavirus but she was refused entry to the hospital first time round because of some admin problem. Would she have survived? I’ve no idea, but the virus gives the medics a way out of responsibility. (Not the NHS, but the private system here, where statistics and insurance payments are more important than life or death.)

Interesting observation badgerheed that I've expressed to my spouse as well.

How many useless geriatric cunts (I'm aware the media chucks in one or two middle aged fattasauruses to exaggerate 'no underlying health issues lol!!1one') that have had a good innings are we striving to keep alive from covid through minimising routine checks at GP surgeries that would pick up other ailments. Hundreds if not thousands of younger lives lost through various cancers, sepsis, bacterial and viral infections, mental health etc.

Also the subsequent increase in adverse lifestyle choices such as increased drink and drug use, domestic violence etc catalysed from (concern of) job loss, sedentary habits, social exclusion etc. Contributing to overall morbidity levels.

Last edited:
Interesting observation badgerheed that I've expressed to my spouse as well.

How many useless geriatric cnuts (I'm aware the media chucks in one or two middle aged fattasauruses to exaggerate 'no underlying health issues lol!!1one') that have had a good innings are we striving to keep alive from covid through minimising routine checks at GP surgeries that would pick up other ailments. Hundreds if not thousands of younger lives lost through various cancers, sepsis, bacterial and viral infections, mental health etc.

Also the subsequent increase in adverse lifestyle choices such as increased drink and drug use, domestic violence etc catalysed from (concern of) job loss, sedentary habits, social exclusion etc. Contributing to overall morbidity levels.
That's just Partick.
You wanna see Cranhill!
( Ex Pat Weegie)

Latest Threads