A Good time to Die

Tool

LE
There was also a Dr's fee of £300, fuck knows why, it's not as if we needed to confirm she was dead, we wouldn't be burning her otherwise!
Official Death Certificate and copies, perhaps? When pater and the old dear died (mine, not yours), we were given 10 certified copies of both Death certificates. One full, 9 abridged for insurance company, banks, Executors of Wills etc.

Her funeral price, which was cremation, included originally, a hearse, 2 cars, the ceremony, celebrant and the cremation. Due to C19, most of that is now verboten so just the hearse and burning. There was also a Dr's fee of £300, fuck knows why, it's not as if we needed to confirm she was dead, we wouldn't be burning her otherwise!
My mum’s was the hearse, the pall bearers, the celebrant, a wreath, two bouquets for the staff of the two care homes she’d been in who attended, the crem itself, the coffin (basic), the urn, and as you say the Dr who told us what we already knew.

Official Death Certificate and copies, perhaps? When pater and the old dear died (mine, not yours), we were given 10 certified copies of both Death certificates. One full, 9 abridged for insurance company, banks, Executors of Wills etc.
Death Certs are separate and cost £11 each now.

Tool

LE
..the Dr who told us what we already knew.
The Dr needs to CONFIRM what you already know, and informs the relevant Govt departments of his findings.
My father died from a multitude of things - dehydration, malnutrition, kidney failure blah blah blah acording to the unabridged Death Certificate. The abridged one said "Old age". He was in good shape physically until about 2 days before he kicked the bucket. He was 86 years old and his body just said "no more". Too much wriggle room for that to be the official cause of death.

Death Certs are separate and cost £11 each now.
Sorry - posting at the same time.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
We got all of them from the registrar.

The Dr needs to CONFIRM what you already know, and informs the relevant Govt departments of his findings.
My father died from a multitude of things - dehydration, malnutrition, kidney failure blah blah blah acording to the unabridged Death Certificate. The abridged one said "Old age". He was in good shape physically until about 2 days before he kicked the bucket. He was 86 years old and his body just said "no more". Too much wriggle room for that to be the official cause of death.

I appreciate that in many circumstances it’s not as cut and dried as it may seem.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer

Not any more, you register on a Gov.UK web page, insert all of the relevant details, press enter and pension/any benefits stopped, driving licence cancelled, HMRC notified etc.

Tool

LE
Not any more, you register on a Gov.UK web page, insert all of the relevant details, press enter and pension/any benefits stopped, driving licence cancelled, HMRC notified etc.
Fairy snuff. I was talking about Seffrica (should have mentioned that), and they both passed away about 5 (paw) and 3 (Maw) years ago.

The Registrar of Death notified the govt on receipt of the autopsy (if needed) and unabridge Death Certificate, signed by a Doctor. The undertakers were given the copies to hand over to the Executors. We still had to notify Insurance companies, Banks, Dentist(?), non-Government pension and the local council/amenities companies, all needing certified copies.

Point of order.

Can I just ask if anyone knows the answer to this. When a person dies of Coronavirus does the virus not die with them? Does it not require a live host in order to survive and profligate?

Or does the virus leave the dead person like a Bat Out Of Hell?
No.
Bad news there.
Had an interesting chat with someone ( professionally involved) only today.
Cov-id victims, if they need stored especially, require quadruple bagged.
The (horrific to me) reason is the wee beasties feast off the cadaver as what was left of the live immune system ceases, and basically run riot at decent quick step. In turn, the deceased becomes far more contagious "touch"-toxic than when alive. They will need 4-bagged, and handled by trained Police personnel ( and other selected professionals) in the very near future, in Scotland anyhow.
These people are being given special training as I write. Haz-Mat, the usual Ebola looking works.
Not good but there we have it.

Last edited:
No.
Bad news there.
Had an interesting chat with someone ( professionally involved) only today.
Cov-id victims, if they need stored especially, require quadruple bagged.
The (horrific to me) reason is the wee beasties feast off the cadaver as what was left of the live immune system ceases, and basically run riot at decent quick step. In turn, the deceased becomes far more contagious "touch"-toxic than when alive. They will need 4-bagged, and handled by trained Police personnel in the very near future, in Scotland anyhow.
Oh, in that case I don't want any boots, thank you very much.

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
Rumour has it that it can live on inanimate object for some considerable time. IE supermarket trolley hand grips, door handles, newspapers, paper money etc.
Feck ' Rumour'.

Source 1

1585497469376.png

Source 2
' The virus that causes coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) is stable for several hours to days in aerosols and on surfaces, according to a new study from National Institutes of Health, CDC, UCLA and Princeton University scientists in The New England Journal of Medicine. The scientists found that severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2) was detectable in aerosols for up to three hours, up to four hours on copper, up to 24 hours on cardboard and up to two to three days on plastic and stainless steel. '

Tool

LE
Feck ' Rumour'.

Source 1

View attachment 460925

Source 2
' The virus that causes coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) is stable for several hours to days in aerosols and on surfaces, according to a new study from National Institutes of Health, CDC, UCLA and Princeton University scientists in The New England Journal of Medicine. The scientists found that severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2) was detectable in aerosols for up to three hours, up to four hours on copper, up to 24 hours on cardboard and up to two to three days on plastic and stainless steel. '
** Ahem ** #54...