A Good Tailor in the Glasgow Area

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by rebusraver, Apr 2, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Dear all,
    I'm hoping I will get a sensible answer to a query!

Can anyone point me to a good military tailor in the Glasgow area; need uniform taking in, medal ribbons stitching on etc.

I'm a RAuxAF from a nationally recruited unit so if I can find a good tailor locally will save me an 800 mile round trip!
  2. Not off hand but have you contacted the RAF at Prestwick? (at the Air Traffic Control) they may be able to help.
  3. A good military tailor has just opened in Colinton Road in Edinburgh, down the hill from Redford. GB tailoring 0131 443 3448.

Was in there this week. They seem to really know their stuff.. able to make ToS etc..

A couple of Blackdown trained ex-regimental tailors setting up on their own - so need supporting!

I know, I know, Weegies don't like coming to Embro.., but it's no that far!
  4. There is a good one in Stirling that I have used in the past for medals etc.

Strling Tailors Ltd
    Unit 4
    Cunningham Road,
    FK7 7SW
    01786 445349
  5. Can I suggest you pop into the The RHF RHQ at 518 Sauchiehall Street G2 and have a chat with Sandy, I am sure he will point you in the right direction, after all that M8 is a bummer.
  6. That's who I use for medals, badges etc. and they are very good.
  7. An awfull lot of local's suggest BARLINNIE's Glasgow for some reason!,so it must be good.
  8. As above.... :soldier:

think most of our brigade uses Javid.....
  9. Can only agree, does good work and his medal presentation framing is brilliant also.
  10. Yep, Javed in Stirling. He also gets a lot of the military tailoring contracts.
    Good rep, friendly staff. The place, address as above, is on an Ind Estate 1/4 mile from 51 Bde HQ.
  11. Thanks guys, looks like I will be off to Stirling then.

Anyone know what his average turnaround time is?
  12. It depends what you need done, but average about a week.
  13. how much does the mob in stirling charge for a tailored TOS??anyone know??
  14. £15 if you can wait till tomorrow will let you know, am needing a new one after the mum<milf> of a milklorry panzer driver kid stole mine on Saturday.
  15. grand mate let us know when know when you get a result.could do with a new one lol