Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A good mattress and pillow brabd

Me and the wife were discussing how sh*te our pillows and substandard the mattress on our bed is.

Obviously a good mattress is key to a goods night sleep amongst other things.

Can anyone recommend a good ones, range £300-400.

As I work from home rest is key!

Me and the wife were discussing how sh*te our pillows and substandard the mattress on our bed is.

FFS, Do you own a TV? sit patiently until the adverts appear, watch and learn......close the thread!;)

Last edited:

RBMK

LE
Book Reviewer

Well if you're such a cheapskate there's no helping you.

A good mattress will cost you upwards of £1,000 for a king size and I'd never pay less than £600.

MARTOK

War Hero
Well if you're such a cheapskate there's no helping you.

A good mattress will cost you upwards of £1,000 for a king size and I'd never pay less than £600.
Couldn't agree more, just paid £1200 for a king-size mattress and base of which £800 was for the mattress.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
Has anyone bought an 'emma' mattress?

They seem to have a remarkably good guarantee but the reviews seem to indicate that in practice it is not as easy implement it.

Just go to John Lewis... whatever they sell is largely going to be decent for the money - ours are JL own label - not the cheapest, not the dearest but we certainly have no complaints.

We have these in a double and a single

When I was diagnosed with a slipped disc my Doc told me to go and get a Hypnos mattress as they are the best you can buy. All hand made, quality components, they take around 4 to 6 weeks to arrive.

The best plan of attack is to go to their factory in Princes Risborough and try all the mattresses in the showroom. When we were there we told the bloke what we wanted and he pointed at around 4 types of mattress for us. The idea is then that you spend around 15 minutes laying on the mattress to see how it feels and how you feel when you stand up from it - you can't just bounce your arrse up and down for 2 minutes and decide you like it.

You cannot buy mattresses at the factory, they just let you try them. Make a note of the EXACT mattress you like and then you have to order it from a retailer - online is usually cheaper, but make sure to tell them the EXACT mattress.

As an incentiviser for you HM The Queen uses Hypnos, as do her relatives.

You may want to consider a two mattress bed as the continentals tend to use. That way if you and the wife have differing mattress requirements you can bot be happy with your mattress.

Molesworth

Clanker
You may want to consider a two mistress bed as the continentals tend to use. That way if you and the wife have differing mistress requirements you can both be happy with your mistress.

Adjusted for continental accuracy. No charge.

I guess the only problem here may be:

The budget might get a single but I suspect a double or larger is required...

Last ones we bought were 8 years ago and they cost around 350 each for singles.

Ikea. We got a pocket spring mattress with a memory foam extra top layer.

Sleep like a baby.

Latest Threads