A glimpse of service suffering...

#1
At long last, civvies get to experience the hardships of untold generations of servicemen.

I look forward to tins of hotdogs arriving with the middle one missing.

Our famous Naafi tea has been the beverage of choice for the British armed forces since 1921
Surely that should read 'beverage of last resort'?
 
#3
The BBC thought it had to explain what the NAAFI was created to run??
you have to be kidding me!
(No Ambition And Fu(ckall Interest)
 
#4
Remember that god-awful NAFFI coffee that used to be gven out in night ration boxes in guardrooms in the 80's? If ever there was a method that you could dessicate evil and put it in a silver bag, this was it.
 
#5
Our famous Naafi tea has been the beverage of choice for the British armed forces since 1921
It wasn't through bloody choice it was because it was all that was fcuking available. It left a yellow/orange stain on your 58 pat mug that no amount of scrubbing could ever shift and any norgie that held it stank of condensed milk and stale tea.
 
#6
The story I was told was that NAAFI took the finest leaves from India and Ceylon, then threw them away and used the sweepings from the bottom of the chests.

Somewhere along the line, out-of-date packets of mushroom soup seemed always to be added to the mix.
 
#7
re-stilly said:
It wasn't through bloody choice it was because it was all that was fcuking available. It left a yellow/orange stain on your 58 pat mug that no amount of scrubbing could ever shift and any norgie that held it stank of condensed milk and stale tea.
The only proven way to remove the taint of tea from a norgie is to use it for screech. Admittedly, it will then take on the bright orange glow normally associated with the China Syndrome, but omelettes and eggs...

Shit, you don't think they're going to start selling screech as well, do you?
 
#8
Naafi Break, created by the Navy, Army and Air Force Institutes (Naafi), will be available in 80 branches of Spar.

It is the first time the UK-made tea has been sold on the High Street.



Thinking back, i am sure they did it before and due to the fact it tastes like dump it died on its arrse
 
#9
I was going to comment but everyone else has beaten me to it....

However the coffee was particularly vile. The Belgian army at least got decent coffee in their rations (Douwe Egberts IIRC). My Belgian army mate wouldn't even use Naafi coffee to rinse out his mug.

And I seem to recall that the preferred beverage of choice for the troops always seemed to be alcoholic in nature...

Rodney2q
 
#10
verticalgyro said:
Speedy said:
Remember that god-awful NAFFI coffee that used to be gven out in night ration boxes in guardrooms in the 80's? If ever there was a method that you could dessicate evil and put it in a silver bag, this was it.
Commonly referred to as NAAFI Dust. Jesus Christ, even Mellow Birds was tastier than that shit.
I remember Joanna Luvely in the ads during the 80's. Being a horny teenager and watching my Dad get all horned-up over Ms Lumley was a fond first memory of 'monkey-see-monkey-do'

I think he also bought lots of VHS tapes to record re-runs of the Avengers on the brand new Channel 4.
 
#11
re-stilly said:
Our famous Naafi tea has been the beverage of choice for the British armed forces since 1921
It wasn't through bloody choice it was because it was all that was fcuking available. It left a yellow/orange stain on your 58 pat mug that no amount of scrubbing could ever shift and any norgie that held it stank of condensed milk and stale tea.
Of course it was a choice, the same choice as always - take it or leave it.

I have never understood how they managed to get that orange colour though. My daughter once made me a cup of tea and put nearly a whole packet of tea in the teapot and then let it stand for about an hour and it still didn't get even close to that evil evil shade.
 
#13
Sinner251 said:
smartascarrots said:
Shit, you don't think they're going to start selling screech as well, do you?
Relentless Inferno energy drink taste just like Screech but fizzy, :puker: :pukel:
My Brother in Law and I were talking about that yesterday, It was the lime one that was the worst and the orange just about bearable, but I think it depended on what Egg Op was on depended on how bad it really was.
 
#14
re-stilly said:
Sinner251 said:
smartascarrots said:
Shit, you don't think they're going to start selling screech as well, do you?
Relentless Inferno energy drink taste just like Screech but fizzy, :puker: :pukel:
My Brother in Law and I were talking about that yesterday, It was the lime one that was the worst and the orange just about bearable, but I think it depended on what Egg Op was on depended on how bad it really was.
I absolutely love screech :lol:, i will gladly swap it for bits of my brew kit.
 
#16
smartascarrots said:
re-stilly said:
It wasn't through bloody choice it was because it was all that was fcuking available. It left a yellow/orange stain on your 58 pat mug that no amount of scrubbing could ever shift and any norgie that held it stank of condensed milk and stale tea.
The only proven way to remove the taint of tea from a norgie is to use it for screech. Admittedly, it will then take on the bright orange glow normally associated with the China Syndrome, but omelettes and eggs...

Shit, you don't think they're going to start selling screech as well, do you?
I'm pretty sure screech would be illegal if sold openly in the UK, you'd get clubbers snorting it.
 
#18
mark1234 said:
smartascarrots said:
re-stilly said:
It wasn't through bloody choice it was because it was all that was fcuking available. It left a yellow/orange stain on your 58 pat mug that no amount of scrubbing could ever shift and any norgie that held it stank of condensed milk and stale tea.
The only proven way to remove the taint of tea from a norgie is to use it for screech. Admittedly, it will then take on the bright orange glow normally associated with the China Syndrome, but omelettes and eggs...

Shit, you don't think they're going to start selling screech as well, do you?
I'm pretty sure screech would be illegal if sold openly in the UK, you'd get clubbers snorting it.
My brother is a cadet and allways pesters me for screech as i shit you not him and his mates use it as a sort of man test, who can eat a pack quickets, who can snort most ect.

They think its great fun.....
 
#19
Do they sell evaporated milk with it, and how do you get that slight tang of OMD 110
 
#20
I, for one, like the look of this latest marketing ploy.

When it falls flat on its arrse and is getting given away due to clogging the shelves up in various spar shops, give me a shout as my grans garden fence needs painting. Could even coat the shed aswell, and waterproof it. Then let my lass can have a bath in it and save a fortune on all that fake tan she buys.
 

Similar threads

Latest Threads

Top