A gentle jog round The Factory ?

Ah, Sandhurst in the Autumn....

• Lead me to it !

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rather chew my own arm off (shudder)

• Black daps and a string vest okay ?

• 10K ? Tchah, do it in CEFO then go for a doner mit Suzuki!

• My knees/back/ankles/perineum ....alas....good luck

• Total voters

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
SiS Sandhurst Poppy Hill Trail 10km

10:15am, Sunday 15 October 2006
Sandhurst Miltary Academy, Kings Ride, Camberley

Event Profile
Distance: 10km
Surface: Trail
Route: Multiple laps
Setting: Rural
Profile: Hilly
Traffic free? Yes
Last year's entry: New Event
Extras
Water stations: Every 5km
Distance markers: Every Km
Awards/mementos: Medal, Winners' prizes, SiS Nutritionl products
Venue facilities: Toilets, Onsite parking, Refreshments, Supervised bag storage
Organiser's notes: A brilliant run through protected forest and heathland registered as an 'Area of Special Scientific Interest’ by English Nature. This is a beautiful, but hilly run on good forest trails through military land that is not usually open to the public. It’s hilly, but it’s very runnable rather than an out-and-out adventure race. The official charity of the event is The Children’s Trust Tadworth. There is a seperate 3km Family Fun Run at £7.50 per runner including all features except Championchip timing. Entry for for the fun run is available at www.209events.com
Entry Information
Cheques payable to: 2:09 Events Ltd
On-the-day entry: No
Entries in advance: Yes
Postal closing date: Monday 9 October 2006
Limit: 1000 competitors
Event website: http://www.209events.com
Entry form(s): Available from race website and by post
or universal entry form (PDF-72K)

Entries in advance only
Normal Entries £13.00 affiliated £15.00 unaffiliated
Event Organiser Details
Address: Events House
40 Camp Road
North camp
Farnborough
Hampshire
GU14 6EP
Day telephone: 0870 3500 209
Mobile: 07921 783613
Email: mike@209events.com

If anyone fancies doing this as a sponsored event for Combat Stress please contact me or Rosie Gibbons/Charlotte French at the Fundraising Dept:

Telephone Number: 01372 841621

Cheers,

Le Chevre

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
Well, I got round in a wheezy 57 mins - which in view of some of the hills on this course I'm not too unhappy with.

Winner got round in ( Jeez) 35 mins.

For those of you with bad backs/knees/perinea - today i'm feeling 100% sympathy !

About 50 metres of tarmac - the rest gravel tracks and forest footpath through dark woodland. Running over sweet chestnuts rather than pine cones but all same same going :-D

Very well run event and by no means oversubscribed ( 3 other races in the area on the same day apparentely)

Little dit from the 2:09 website:
The race was won in fine style by Alton's Toby Lambert, using the race to get going again following his 15th placing in the Berlin Marathon - he said afterwards that he found it tough and his 35.25 for what is a fairly accurate 10km is testiment to that. He was chased in by Chris Bradfield in 36.11, who seemed to be closing a little towards the end and then Aldershot's Ali Smith on 36.35.

First female finisher was Basingstoke's Rhianna Edwards, running the longest race of her life, in 47.17 followed home by Julia Michale (49.09) and Trisha Harrison (49.55) who was also first in the M50 age group.

Photo's of both events are available from Phil O'Conner - follow the links below.

Thanks to Phil for the pictures of Poppy Hill - visit his website for many more
If they run it again next year I'll see if I can get a few ARRSERs to do it as a charity fing.

( I bet Cait could beat that First Female winning time - wouldn't want to do this race in January though ! )

Lee Shaver