A frightening dawn of realisation.....

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by regular_imbiber, Nov 19, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I was on the drink with the lads and lassies of the Sqn yesterday and mid-beer I suddenly noticed that I had fuck all in common with most of them bar our occupation.

Everything felt alien; the way they drink (Jagerbombs,Cheeky Vimto, etc), how they acted when drunk (screaming,hyper,attention-seeking), their dress (jeans hanging off arse,hoodies), their taste in music (Neyo,yoyo,yaya toure or whatever).

It was actually quite sobering (no pun intended), I mean I love getting pished but in a pints of lager and vodka sort of way not jumping around on an adrenaline rush like some sort of demented banshee.

I did consider myself quite a young 41 year old but last night has fair shook me up. I feel like an old cunt now =|
  2. Looks like your smoking jacket will be getting some more use as you warm up your Ovaltine and dig out your slippers.Just you wait 'til you hit 50,it's all downhill then.
  3. By that time I'll be out the Mob and back in Blighty among like-minded people. Well,thats the aspiration.
  4. Oh you poor sod!
  5. It isn't any better here in Blighty!
    Builders arse jeans and Puff 50 pence Kaye wank music while drinking red bull and piss are the norm :omfg:
  6. Next you'll be telling us you don't like going to clubs, have started getting up in the night for multi swamps and your joints ache in the cold

Welcome to my world :) I'm 37, you're late
  7. Are you a Junior , Senior or a Rupert ?
  8. B_AND_T

B_AND_T LE Book Reviewer

You know your getting old when you can't get any distance when spaffing.
  9. I'm a senior.

And I feel like a senior citizen.
  10. I bet about 15 years ago, the seniors were going 'Look at all these cnuts with their premium strength lagers and Oasis music, whats up with The Jam and Hofmeister!' and in the early 80s they were like 'Look at all these wrong 'uns joining up these days, Whats wrong with the Rolling Stones and real ale?' etc etc going back to the 18th century 'Whats with all this Mozart & gin, bring back baroque and rum!' I'm only 31 and i'm already becoming an anachronism musically, and get p1ssed off with people aged under 24 socially very easily...
  11. Sadly that is a very good way of measuring one's age...undortunately I can vouch for that from experience...

12. Agreed!!! I'm happy if I can spaff it outside my shreddies :)
  13. B_AND_T

B_AND_T LE Book Reviewer

Why the hell would you jizz over your breakfast. Unless, of course, it's a new take on soggy biscuit.
  14. Why not try the "if I can't beat 'em, join 'em" tactic? Follow the trend! If nothing else you'll provide hours of entertainment for them as they laugh at the old bloke trying to be "with it"*

*what do you mean, no-one uses the term "with it" any more?! mutter mutter mutter
  15. Zinc is the answer for that, nearly took my own eye out.

You're supposed to feel like that when drinking with people 20 years younger than you. I was chatting to an RMP full screw the other day and he asked me if I was ever in the Army. I said yeah mate I joined in 1985 he said fuck I wasn't born till 87. I consider myself a young 42, however have started to look at what I wear these days and I don't go boozing in many of the pubs I used too.