A Friend of mine lost his ID card

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by thor2001bc, Jul 13, 2004.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I have a friend who lost his ID card whilst out on the town. My friend was wondering what would happen to him, can anybody offer him some advice, before he goes to his boss.
    Thanks

2. Or is it rather that you have lost your ID card...

and youwould like some advice on how best to handle the situation?

To be honest, I cannot help you. When I lost mine, it turned up at the local cop shop some 48 hours later together with my wallet, complete! (lucky me)

The paper work mountain had not started in earnest then so it cost be a round in the mess.

Jennie

3. I thought the usual is going in front of the OC on orders for an admin charge (used to be £50 in UK, £150 in NI). Or has that now changed to a "don't do it again"?

4. I had my Wallet\ID card stolen once. The Artillery Battery my records were controlled under, wanted to do me £400 8O . So My staffie moved our Admin over to the Marines who then charged me £20 Administration fee. Although Im chuffed i didnt get more, £20 isnt exactly punishment.

5. In today's caring 21st century Army, it's doubtful anything will happen. Fines for losing ID Cards are very dodgy ground under the Human Rights Act. (This is not a wind-up!) I believe that in order to have disciplinary action taken against you, it has to be shown that you purposefully lost it, which, let's face it, can't be proven. Ensure you (or your friend) report it as lost, get a chit in lieu and apply for a new ID. Nothing worse than not reporting it lost then being asked on parade to show your ID when you have actually lost it.......them were the days!

6. In today's caring 21st century Army, it's doubtful anything will happen. Fines for losing ID Cards are very dodgy ground under the Human Rights Act. (This is not a wind-up!) I believe that in order to have disciplinary action taken against you, it has to be shown that you purposefully lost it, which, let's face it, can't be proven. Ensure you (or your friend) report it as lost, get a chit in lieu and apply for a new ID. Nothing worse than not reporting it lost then being asked on parade to show your ID when you have actually lost it.......them were the days!

7. i remember at JHQ 11 years back. a SWOB sig lost her card for the third time and was duely discharged with the corner of her "red book" cut off. there after peopel were chucking thier MOD90s away so they bought in heavy fines.

Odd one.

Rincewind

8. X-Inf

X-Inf War Hero Book Reviewer

How about a charge for negligence? or has that disappeared now? When I lost mine (yes they were able to take photos in those days!) I had huge lecture from OC and fined one weeks wages. Sympathy level -50. He was right too.

9. Current thinking is that a "reasonable" sum can be charged for the replacement of the card.

Loss of an ID card should not be a disciplinary matter unless (a) negligence was involved in the loss and/or (b) it happens in an Operational environment.

Saying this these are guidelines for the OC/CO in question...

10. Last time I lost my MOD F 90, About 15 years ago. CO's, £75, Regimental entry, goodbye LSGC........[​IMG]

11. Try asking at the local Police Station.

Probably a fair few ex Forces there who will be onside. And they don't strike.

12. I had one stolen charged £50, lost my second got fined £250 CO added money each time someone went on orders as it was a prevalent offence!

13. Soldier_Why

Soldier_Why LE Moderator

Loss of ID Card is no longer a chargeable offence. Although as someone has posted if negligence is proven then you can still tap the boards.

Report it to your Coy Clerk who will issue you a chit-in-lieu and start the process of getting you a new ID Card.

*Remind your Coy Clerk also that the local Int Section still need to be informed.

14. If you don't report it quickly, questions may be asked and this may get you in the poo, which the loss itself probably won't.

15. You're 'friend' is in the sh*te. Big style. Tell him to go AWOL.