• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

A few specific questions about Officers in the RMP

Hi,

A few questions regarding RMP officers.

1. Are RMP Officers issued PPE in order that they can go on patrol with the NCOs?
2. Are RMP Officers able to do driving courses and CP?
3. How often could you go out on patrol with the NCOs if you chose to?
4. How long is the phase 2 officer training at Southwick Park?
5. Am I going to be bored shitless if I look at RMP officer route? I feel I could have the leadership qualities, but I would want to go out and get the job done as well. Would I be better off joining up as an enlisted man?

Thank you

Standing by for inevitable RMP/officer bashing

Hi,

1. Yes
2. a) Not that i've seen (assuming you are talking of the Adv driving) b) Yes
3. As often as you wish
4. Unknown - changed since I have done it & i'm not in the right place to find out.
5. I don't know; i don't know your psyche. Do a fam visit, talk to serving officers, get a feel for it. Make your own mind up.

T

Hi,

1. Are RMP Officers issued PPE in order that they can go on patrol with the NCOs?
2. Are RMP Officers able to do driving courses and CP?
3. How often could you go out on patrol with the NCOs if you chose to?
4. How long is the phase 2 officer training at Southwick Park?
5. Am I going to be bored shitless if I look at RMP officer route? I feel I could have the leadership qualities, but I would want to go out and get the job done as well. Would I be better off joining up as an enlisted man?

Thank you

Standing by for inevitable RMP/officer bashing
There is some good stuff written on RMP Officer roles and some of their thoughts on it already in the forums. Give the search engine a crack and see how you go too.

B

BlueDZ

RMP Officers: on work experience until they are a Captain! Yes they get issued exactly the same kit and equip as the NCOs, but rarely go out on patrol as they are not needed. The NCOs have powers to deal with every problem and a baby Officer is not needed to push things through. You will get the odd one who will come out on a specific Op but again the NCOs run the show. The Officers oversee the Platoons as a figurehead, but a SSgt more than likely runs it. If it's excitement you want join the ranks, if you want to push a pen and sign off on other peoples Final Reports and get spammed to go off and give a PP presentation to an infantry unit then become a baby Officer.

Latest Threads