A few quetions bout kit

I'm going to basic at lichfield in a few months and recently got my kit list I was wondering are swiming trunks spedos? and what are spot socks? running socks, or football socks? also the list dos'nt mention a tracksuit should I bring one? and can you bring stuff with football badges on it as most of what i own has my fav football team badge on it

I think that should be sport socks ,white ones with the elastic at the top , not to sure about the other stuff ,it was back in the last millenium when I walked through the gates of hell at GIB BKS may be our duty billy (night-trained)will pipe up with more advice as hes just gone through the system :thumright:

It all depends "what?" team you have on your kit. If it's your local team then probably won't be a problem, but if its Man Utd and you're from Nepal like most Utd supporters then be prepared for a ribbing.

Seriously though, all the kit you need apart fom socks and trunks will be given or sold to you so don't worry to much.

Good luck and welcome to a fine corps.

Im currently at Gib and all through Lichfield I wore nothing but the RE tracksuit you have to buy in week one, so dont bother taking much civvies. As for swimming I wore speedos though most of the lads wore shorts, and as for the socks again you'll be wearing issued socks 99% of the time so I shouldn't worry too much.

I'm at Lichfield now,you wear your pt shorts for swimmimng, u dnt need many sets of civvies, take a few pairs of socks to wear until you get your socks issued.don't take anyhting you don't strictly need. peace out.