A few Questions about RMP

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Reserve Recruitment' started by TPKirk, Nov 14, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hello guys,

I am thinking about joining the TA, and progressing through as a Military Police Soldier.
    I just wanted to ask a few questions.

I wouldn't consider my self to be physically fit at the moment, but i want to get in shape, and then train with the TA on weekends and bank holidays.

I would like to know if the fitness tests are difficult.
    Would i be shipped out, or is it my choice when i leave?
    If i did train just on weekends, how long until i would be fully qualified?
    What is the process involved in joining, and how easy is it?

I'm both excited about joining, but worried i may not enjoy it. Could someone tell me about their experiences when joining the TA,and the RMP?

Thanks for reading, i look forward to reading your replies.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Not sure what they do now that persecuting queers is frowned upon.

3. Mate, are you for real?
    If you are you need to get yourself down to an army careers office pretty damn quick. Have you tried the armynet website as well. Do you know where your nearest TA unit is and are they RMP. Oh yeah, search through this site for an insight into fitness requirments

4. I have found the fitness requirements, and i feel i can obtain them.
    I know where my nearest TA unit is, but i do not know if they are RMP.

5. Halfway through TAtraining at the moment and we have a couple of RMP guys with us

I would like to know if the fitness tests are difficult. NO RMP are in the lowest bracket howeverstill need to do 1.5 mile run in under 10 mins 30
    Would i be shipped out, or is it my choice when i leave? It will be your choice espicially as there is not an enormous need for RMP's in Afghanistan
    If i did train just on weekends, how long until i would be fully qualified? You do 6 weekends of traing with one weekend rest inbetween then afterthat you have a two week camp probably at Pirbright all in all bout 5-6 months
    What is the process involved in joining, and how easy is it? Lot of boring paperwork signing everything 8 times but most units get you through the paperwork quickly.

6. also just go on the armys unit finder on the website

8. What exactly are you basing your advice on?

Speak about the half of the TA training you have knowledge about and shut the F*ck about the rest you are guessing about.

Whether you meant there is not an enormous need for regular or TA RMPs (it's RMP whether plural or not you chod) you are wrong and are talking outside of your area of expertise (the half of TA training you have done.)

The amount of prisoner abuse/ mistreatment jobs coming back would substantiate the claim that more RMP are being asked for, just cannot be magically generated in force generation meetings!

9. all right mate calm down and yeah i was just basing it on what i had heard and this is arrse not shakespear so i think we can let the punctuation go this once and i'm sure the guy asking the question would prefer it if you actually had any imformation for them rather than just having a go at me

• Like Like x 1
  10. You've been on this site for nearly a year, less any lurking time, long enough to know that Arrse actually has standards.

Lack of punctuation is a slack drill that leads to open pockets which as you should realise leads to open hatches. Skein Dubh is trying to save lives here.

• Like Like x 2
  11. RMP the most popular corps in the whole damn shooting match.

12. Than it looks like your dream ambitions of being RMP are a nein! :nod:

13. Obviously the OP is proving that he is lacking in the required investigative skills already...

14. The_Duke

The_Duke LE Moderator

What do you mean?

Too lazy to look into things, unable to confirm any information unless it jumps up and bites him in the arse and barely literate.

He is perfect RMP material

• Like Like x 2
  15. Point taken:)