A few basics

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Reserve Recruitment' started by Yes-Sir, Sep 10, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I have had a good look around the site but haven´t found an explicit answer to these questions:
    1) If you resign after serving say 5 years of your TA contract, are you kept in the Reserves like the Regulars until the end of your 12 year contract?
    2) As a DETAPO after commissioning if your desired regiment/s have no need for some whipper snappers do you get cajouled into a regiment with needs?

To be sure:
    3) If you volunteer for a tour under "intelligent mob." does the same civy job-protection legislation apply as was the case in the forced mobilisation Iraq 2003 apply?
  2. Bring back the good old days of "Do you get a real gun if you join the TA's"

3. I did get asked by some one at my work before I deployed if I would get real bullets!
  4. msr

msr LE

1) No

2) I would be very surprised if there was one regiment which is turning YOs away. Best to check with the regiment you wish to join before this happens. You may face some pressure to join a different unit, but stand firm if you don't want to go there.

3) Yes, the legislation applies, but if your employer finds out that you have volunteered and have not been completely honest with them, it may be your position which gets 'right-sized'.