A Fag Free Army……

Hmm? What's written down often never converts into actual reality .. .. Those who implemented this never, ever bothered listening to the old and bold as it didn't fit in with their wonderful ideas.
But did listen to the older and bolder who didn’t want to ‘pay’ for meals they didn’t eat, but failed to understand what a real portion was.

You want two sausages ????

From what I spent on furniture for one patio during my stint as Army HQ officers mess gardens member the furniture element of that probably isn’t much

I'm wasn't commenting on the daily mail outrage about the cost, more the fact that you can still smoke out in the open in the HOLs

MrBane

LE
Kit Reviewer
Reviews Editor
But did listen to the older and bolder who didn’t want to ‘pay’ for meals they didn’t eat, but failed to understand what a real portion was.

Don't get me started on PAYD. ******* shambles.

They certainly understood the concept of the MOD stealing from their soldiers to keep an outdated form of feeding.

Nato12345

On ROPS
On ROPs

My stomach and mental condition couldn't cope with 2 sausages now, it would just seem 'wrong' :) But, nah, they never listened to the old and bold , they listened to breed of whiney, saddo losers who were picky eaters, and they, and the whiney losers, never understood the team bonding you go through at scoff when you are all 'equally' presented with one or two choices knocked up by L/Cpl Food Spoiler - third one being take it of leave it and then swerve it , and get down the local chippy, if you could scrape up a few bob between you.

I'm wasn't commenting on the daily mail outrage about the cost, more the fact that you can still smoke out in the open in the HOLs
Or at least could two or three years ago*

You could in the Army last week, and still can if resident

* though I also wouldn’t be surprised if there is no change

There’s quite a big push on nutrition at the moment. Ironically one of the big problems being grappled with is how much free will do you give individuals…

Is it not still a chargeable offence to miss a meal if one is available?
I got out of a rant by a WO1 by asking if I could go for my lunch, the clock was ticking down and the WO1 still kept chuntering. Tp Staffy had to intervene and I managed to get my grub just before the shutters came down. Your rations used to be sacrosanct.

Nato12345

On ROPS
On ROPs
Is it not still a chargeable offence to miss a meal if one is available?
I got out of a rant by a WO1 by asking if I could go for my lunch, the clock was ticking down and the WO1 still kept chuntering. Tp Staffy had to intervene and I managed to get my grub just before the shutters came down. Your rations used to be sacrosanct.

Fecking right too...and well done to your Staffy ... or later, you could have pretended to to faint and when the MO asked what occurred , you could have pointed a week feeble finger at the WO and said in a low, weedy voice, 'It was his fault Sir' before overdramatically fainting again.

Not that I would have recommend that approach , but it would have made me laugh :)

Fecking right too...and well done to your Staffy ... or later, you could have pretended to to faint and when the MO asked what occurred , you could have pointed a week feeble finger at the WO and said in a low, weedy voice, 'It was his fault Sir' before overdramatically fainting again.

Not that I would have recommend that approach , but it would have made me laugh :)

Staffy knew what I was up to. He was an excellent mentor in the "ways and means" of the unwritten ways of soldiering. ;)

Nato12345

On ROPS
On ROPs
Staffy knew what I was up to. He was an excellent mentor in the "ways and means" of the unwritten ways of soldiering. ;)

yep, something bean counters and civvy attached don't quite get and never will until they've done some time in green ....although many soon forget this when they get elevated above their conscience and honour ( yeah, we know, that's how that got promoted to start with =-) )

yep, something bean counters and civvy attached don't quite get and never will until they've done some time in green ....although many soon forget this when they get elevated above their conscience and honour ( yeah, we know, that's how that got promoted to start with =-) )
I’m mildly bemused that you think that this is being imposed on the forces from the outside. The biggest proponent for most of this are enthusiastic SNCOs and Majors…

Nato12345

On ROPS
On ROPs
I’m mildly bemused that you think that this is being imposed on the forces from the outside. The biggest proponent for most of this are enthusiastic SNCOs and Majors…

Ah, and I bemused too, as it'll only be the non smoking ones who are enthusiastic about it - which is what percentage? - who will no doubt use it as another attempt to impose their will and authority on petty AGAI BS.

If some poor miserable Tom or Rating fancy's a fag , in the appropriate location, what's the problem?

Heartbreaklane

War Hero
That, more than anything, started me smoking. Even today, an unexpected whiff of Old Holborn takes me straight back to early childhood.

The tobacco industry is an evil hidden in plain sight.

If you told be that we were going to hang the tobacco company owners and chief executives, and their lobbyists and whore MPs, I'd bring a rope and a six pack.
Me too, it was what you did. Meant you were a grown up. All adults smoked in my world, I didn't stand a chance. Had been passive smoking from the womb, and them sucking on woodbines from 14. And then all the phys we did in the mob whilst being smokers. Nuts. Jacked it in at 29 and never looked back. Apart from the odd sheesha when working sand-side and **** all else to do.

It was known to cause jaw and gum cancer, and was banned in the UK, main brand was called"Skoal bandits":pale:
You can still get twist chewing tobacco in the UK, just not pouches and dip - which were banned. Though you can get tobacco free nicotine pouches.

Latest Threads