A docked down submariner in Spain's return to modelling!

Daz

LE
Importing the kits always an option, I've used this ebay seller based in China before without any issues - just keep in mind it takes a while for it to arrive

As a starter, the Airfix kit, with a bit of practise the Trumpeter offering, the Trumpeter comes with etched brass, therefore needs a bit more skill, while the Airfix is just plastic out of the box
Airfix offering is okish but uninspiring. Easily made but bland. If you want some fun and fancy a nice subject the Zavesta HMS Dreadnought is a bit of a gem. Easy to assemble and quite detailed. Loved it when I did it a few years ago.
Bronco do a nice Vclass bomber sub in 1/350 good results on that one as well.when you get better at the hobby ignore Stevie wonder,I mean Daz and go for a flyhawk 1/700 ship kit. Unbelievable details and fit is fantastic

Importing the kits always an option, I've used this ebay seller based in China before without any issues - just keep in mind it takes a while for it to arrive
can't see myself making one of those, uninspiring set of shapes, looks like a game of Tetris.

Thanks Daz. I have the skills and patience (and will have the time after the op!), I'm just not up to the standard of some of the chaps on here! I went through a phase of making the Tamiya racing cars back in the day - remember them? I did the JPS and I think a 6 wheel jobby, plus others.

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
Thanks Daz. I have the skills and patience (and will have the time after the op!), I'm just not up to the standard of some of the chaps on here! I went through a phase of making the Tamiya racing cars back in the day - remember them? I did the JPS and I think a 6 wheel jobby, plus others.
As I've said before, there's no standard here, any and all are welcome, we've some amazing modellers here and that's a bonus but it's neither a competition nor a pissing contest, just people having a go and enjoying themselves.

I agree the Type 45 is not the prettiest of ships! However, the science behind the design is fascinating - I could tell you, but then...... well you know the rest! Google 'Stealth' and 'FSS' as a starter for 10.

The reason for building it is it was my last proper job!

Daz

LE
Airfix offering is okish but uninspiring. Easily made but bland. If you want some fun and fancy a nice subject the Zavesta HMS Dreadnought is a bit of a gem. Easy to assemble and quite detailed. Loved it when I did it a few years ago.
Bronco do a nice Vclass bomber sub in 1/350 good results on that one as well.when you get better at the hobby ignore Stevie wonder,I mean Daz and go for a flyhawk 1/700 ship kit. Unbelievable details and fit is fantastic
Unbelievable details true, but you'll go blinder than me after a while trying to fit the etched parts :)

I agree the Type 45 is not the prettiest of ships! However, the science behind the design is fascinating - I could tell you, but then...... well you know the rest! Google 'Stealth' and 'FSS' as a starter for 10.

The reason for building it is it was my last proper job!
I dunno, the thing looks reasonably alright in the early light when I’m mooching around at work.
I mean, sure, they aren’t the Type 22s but they look alright if you squint.