A Disability Bonus

Discussion in 'Old & Bold' started by seaweed, May 18, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. seaweed

seaweed LE Book Reviewer

It takes time sometimes to get around to doing things - going up the inside of the Monument has been on my Things to Do list since 1957 but this week the opportunity presented itself. btw there are alcovey things where one can park one's bottom and rest on the way up.

However - I started to proffer the 'Concession' fee and the bod at the desk interrupted me and asked if I had had my deaf aid more than a year. Indeed I have. "You are disabled," quoth he, "So there is no charge".

Not all types of diability can profit from this as there are 202 steps up and no lift! However, does anyone know where else this freebie operates? I have grubbed about on the Internet without sorting this out.

2. What you mean to ask is "where can I get in for free, using my hearing aid as an excuse for a disability pass?"

That would have been much easier.

3. Which monument was this? It couldn't have been the Scott or the Wallace monument as they only take English gold soveriegns even if your disabled or not.

4. seaweed

seaweed LE Book Reviewer

The Monument is The Monument set up in London in 1668 by Sir Christopher Wren as a -well, monument - to the Great Fire of London.

And PA has missed the point of posting this whichc is that some other ARRSERS might benefit from this.

As to the traitor Wallace, he is remarked at Smithfield where he was justly eviscerated. Arctic hero Captain Scott has a statue overlooking the Hamoaze. The other Scott is remembered in a slew of excruciatingly boring novels.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Strangely the biggest discounts are always for my missus who gets into places for free as my carer.

7. The Great Fire of London a terrorist attack? It wasn't when I went to school.

8. These days you can blame the Muslamics for anything.