A different kind of Walt

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by BiscuitsAB, Feb 2, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. BiscuitsAB

BiscuitsAB LE Moderator

This is purely for personal reasons and has nothing to do with the greater good. A person of my acquaintance has been passing him self off as an Architect. I'm fairly sure that he failed his final exams anyone know of any source whereby by I can check this out.

And yes I am prepared to sink my time into this because he's a nasty little cunt and I'm out for revenge.
  2. You could check hom out with the Royal Institute of British Architects, or if you know what university he went to, take up a reference check with them.
  3. Wordsmith

Wordsmith LE Book Reviewer

Just make sure you identify him in an unambiguous manner.

I once thought someone was claiming metallurgical qualifications he wasn't entitled to, only to find he used a slightly different version of his name on his professional qualifications.

Fortunately I realised my mistake before going public with an accusation.

4. BiscuitsAB

BiscuitsAB LE Moderator

Oh I'm going to do my home work thoroughly and IF I can prove my case I'm going to drop it on him from a great height. This is a small part of what is install for him.

And thanks to pigshyt_freeman, I've pinged off an e-mail to RIBA. Just going to keep looking for gen.
  5. Better check on any similar organisations e.g architectural technicians etc
  6. Fucking hell, is there anyone on this site not consumed with Walt hunting? It's like catnip for dickheads.
  7. BiscuitsAB

BiscuitsAB LE Moderator

Don't know I'm not WALT hunting I just happen to be dealing with an individual whom amongst all the crap seems to have passed himself of as an Architect. Compared to the rest of his actions and behaviours this is the least of them, however I fully intend to strip his house of cards down one at a time and trash his life.
  8. I knew an Architect walt once. Claimed to have designed 'part of' the metalwork on the Beijing Bird's nest stadium among other fibs.
  9. remind me not to piss you off ;-)
  10. To be honest, if anyone tried to do to me what you're planning, I'd seriously upset their morning tiffin, be careful what you are doing, revenge is one thing, however, it may not end where you leave it, as you've said yourself, he's a nasty little cunt.
  11. Architects Registration Board, behind RIBA, may help too.
  12. Breaking his nose, will make you feel better!

A quick Glaswegian kiss, works wonders!
  13. I agree with you, there is a walt obsession on arrse and every Tom, Dick & Harry sees walts everywhere, all the time. It's like a walt witch hunt ensues. They come to the forum and hog each other on. Now there are legit cases, such as the Singapore walt in Dec/Jan, but the majority is just about some lad who is after some lass who is going out with the guy standing accused to be walt, you can anonymously denounce and slag off anyone; you know the rest. What is the big deal anyway, he claims to be able to use pencil and paper to draw a building, big deal.
  14. Architect walts? I've heard it all now.

Why waste your time on the numpty. clump him as previously suggested and crack on with your life mate, safe in the knowledge that his got a nice pan face to remember you by.
  15. I once came across a fantastic plan for vengeance, first you escape from a prison then you dig up the hidden treasure of a corrupt pope, next you buy an uninhabited island in the med and in doing so gain an aristocratic title.

If you need to know more I'll expand.