A decent coffee machine... that uses beans

For the Aeropress, use the upside down method.

Turn it upside down, add coffee, add water slowly, stir, leave 30 seconds.

Filter into the cap, wet the filter, put cap on Aeropress.

Turn over into cup, press for 30 seconds.

Thoroughly agree with recommendations for Aeropress, very quick & easy and excellent brews. Cleaning takes about 10 seconds.
About the same size as a large can of beer, £25 for a big syringe, but even I can make great coffee. Must get one for the office.
Made a travel case from a cut-off wetsuit sleeve, but a cheap neoprene laptop sleeve would work.
Any recommendations for a good metal filter?

BarcelonaAnalPark

LE
Book Reviewer
One more for the Delonghi Magnifica. Keep an eye on Amazon as the price seems to go up & down by about £100! It's worth every penny though.

Once you've bought a machine, spend some time looking for a decent roaster who'll be able to guide you through the world of coffee beans.

I just don’t see whats wrong with a nice cup of mellow birds.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
I didn’t buy it.
Can’t beat a cup of tea, have you seen the prices of these machines?
Feck that.
Now here is a kettle that er makes a statement.

EA76D8E0-1971-4C14-9FAF-6C1FFBF7B680.jpeg

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Another vote for DeLonghi. We bought this in August to replace an ageing one and it's excellent.
The grinders on virtually all this type of machine are very noisy as has already been pointed out but for shear ease of use they are brilliant.
Makes good coffee too. :)

We use these guys (and this blend) - very good customer service.

edited-full-bodied-espresso-blend-beans-1kg-double.jpg

BarcelonaAnalPark

LE
Book Reviewer
Coffee made from granules or powder is undrinkable once you realise what coffee is meant to taste like.

theoriginalphantom

MIA
Book Reviewer
Surely one just rings a bell and one of the staff will bring a coffee

Coffee made from granules or powder is undrinkable once you realise what coffee is meant to taste like.
You want bad coffee? Try when a client has bought you out a cup of pissweak instant, made in a cup that has been sitting in an uncleaned dishwasher. Rancid and bitter.

Actually, thanks everyone for the tips, looks like it's a De Longhi I'll be getting myself next week.

BarcelonaAnalPark

LE
Book Reviewer
You want bad coffee? Try when a client has bought you out a cup of pissweak instant, made in a cup that has been sitting in an uncleaned dishwasher. Rancid and bitter.

Actually, thanks everyone for the tips, looks like it's a De Longhi I'll be getting myself next week.

No chance. I've allowed many a work relationship to sour after telling a colleague to "ram it" having been offered powdered coffee. I'd be happy to lose a customer over the matter too. I said what I said.

Latest Threads