A curry for this site!

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by wHoSaIdThAt?, Nov 18, 2003.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Arse curry...what happens after too much tequila.

2. Or in Brit speak, too much wife beater (Aunty Stellas wife beating product).

Bub, no real man drinks tequilla over here only doris's on hen nights. My Spaniel even sniffs her nose up at the thought of a Tequilla in preference to a pint of knee trembler. :lol:

3. No mate, your spaniel turns its nose up in fear of another encounter with Flash and his rubber suit

4. Tequila was the shot of choice in the young and stupid days. My tastes have since become more sophisticated and good beer is prefered.

5. When you say good beer, you mean Boddies or J Smiths at least? Not Bud or any other equally poor American urination water?

6. No, not Bud, Coors, Miller lite, etc. I have to be pretty damned desperate to drink that shite.

We have some good local brewery that make some good stuff. And I'll almost never pass up the opportunity to have a pint or three of Guiness.

7. HLS

HLS Old-Salt

Bubber

Have to agree mate, been stateside three times now and have always found decent beer to drink if you look in the right places. I went to the Anhauser Busch beer shop in Florida (Bush Gardens) were they let you have some beer samples one of which is an aged Budweiser. It was the only one that 'tasted' of anything other than bubbles to me. The only Budweiser brand I could stomach was their Amber Bock.

http://www.samadams.com/beer/styles/ do some decent stuff and some of the steam breweries and Ales produced are just as tasty as our beer.

Can't beat Guinness though. :wink:

8. The Joseph Holts Brewery lager. It's called Diamond and it's really an acquired taste type lager. Very strong tasting, refreshing and (I think), 4.9% proof.

Harp brought out a lager around 95-96, an export one, which was extremely strong and tasted delicious. I can't remember the name of it and only ever saw it sold in Northern Ireland. Harp Extra or Harp Export Extra, something like that.

In Ripon, North York's, there's a pub called the One Eyed Right, and that serves some (evil) concoctions in the form of bitters and ales. You go in one door sober, come out the other a gibbering wreck 8O .

9. msr

msr LE

Bit like their Bitter, Mild and pubs really then....

msr

10. Has anyone else spotted that MSR's somehow posting on Friday, 21st Nov when it's still Thurs, 20th Nov for the rest of the world?

11. Eh ? Says the 20th on my screen.

12. msr

msr LE

Either way, Joey Holts brews are cheap and their pubs definitely not up market...

GH, what's your local?

msr

13. That depends on the landlord and area. My local in Levenshulme has had three good landlords over the last ten years. It's just had a make over too. The atmosphere boarders on quiet, but that's okay in my books for an afternoon session. They sell named brands too (Stella, Strongbow) at excellent prices. My Dar swears blind over the £1.19 pint of bitter (and he's usually blind by his 5th). You can spot me, the one wearing US Army fatigues stood at the bar saying 'shut yer face, hippy' every 5 minutes or so.

Now, Robinsons pubs ARE dumps !