Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A culture of Bullying - Report

anglo

LE
The RAF are beyond shite.

End of dit.
Men running round with half the world on their backs, digging holes to either live
In or shit in, years later joints all freck up and that's only for starters.

yTkrpodAc AA.jpg

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
What caught him?

That is not a matelot.

Bloke on the left absolutely IS a matelot - hence the PO clubs insignia on his string vest.

The RN provide Royal with a host of non-steely eyed killah roles....every single medic for one....PTIs for another.

BratMedic

LE
Book Reviewer

BratMedic

LE
Book Reviewer
Bloke on the left absolutely IS a matelot - hence the PO clubs insignia on his string vest.

The RN provide Royal with a host of non-steely eyed killah roles....every single medic for one....PTIs for another.
RM have their own medics as well as RN ones. Unless you know more than @Ninja_Stoker? I've met a few, including one who was a Grav, then a Clerk and then managed to get on the Medic draft in 2018. Also knew a RM signaller who went medic and then back to sigs.

As for club swingers:
Your image: Royal Marines ultra-fit championship | Royal Navy
LY140178005.jpg

Some RN (blue club swingers) PTIs:
1.png

untitled.png

imagesJFV0R27F.jpg

original-british-white-sports-vest-royal-navy-badged-6293-a.jpg

On one of the other VSO threads, there was talk of bullies getting their comeuppance. I guess this one is still waiting to happen then.

'Air Force Brig. Gen. Jennifer Grant created the most toxic command climate that investigators had seen in decades when she oversaw the 50th Space Wing at Schriever Air Force Base, Colorado, according to a redacted copy of an Air Force Inspector General report.

'A colonel at the time, Grant berated her subordinates both publicly and privately so frequently that the people under her command were terrified to give her any bad news, according to the October 2019 investigation, which was obtained by Task & Purpose.

'Grant frequently reduced people to tears, caused many of her subordinates to leave, and one person whom she often clashed with later died by suicide.

“Witnesses, particularly Col. Grant's immediate staff, credibly described the environment as one in which Col. Grant failed in her responsibilities to pay attention to the welfare and morale of her subordinates, and failed to cultivate a climate of teamwork, cohesion, and trust,” investigators wrote. "Further, witnesses described failures in effective two-way communication and instances of a lack of self-control when engaging subordinates.”

'Despite the investigation’s damning conclusions, Grant’s career has flourished. She was promoted to brigadier general on July 2 and is now assigned to Air Force headquarters at the Pentagon, said Air Force spokeswoman Ann Stefanek.

'Grant led the 50th Space Wing from June 30, 2017 to June 24, 2019. Investigators concluded that during that time, Grant repeatedly violated Air Force standards by lashing out at her subordinates, including:

• Calling a subordinate in mental health treatment for suicidal ideations to criticize her for listing an enlisted service member on her safety plan, making the woman even more distraught.
  • Lecturing a subordinate at her promotion ceremony for not personally informing Grant that a brigadier general would be the presiding officer at the ceremony.
  • Berating her executive officer to the point that she crawled under her desk and cried.
  • Publicly humiliating a briefer in front of investigators.
  • Exploding at an enlisted airman for a get well card to the command chief before Grant could sign it.

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
RM have their own medics as well as RN ones. Unless you know more than @Ninja_Stoker? I've met a few, including one who was a Grav, then a Clerk and then managed to get on the Medic draft in 2018. Also knew a RM signaller who went medic and then back to sigs.

Well thanks for setting me straight - my knowledge of the Corps and the RN is plainly out of date.

( but I can still spell matelot correctly!)

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer

As for club swingers:
Your image: Royal Marines ultra-fit championship | Royal Navy
View attachment 499029

Some RN (blue club swingers) PTIs:
View attachment 499032
View attachment 499033
View attachment 499034

View attachment 499031
Very fetching, just needs a rainbow ribbon or two and every one will be happy.

I thought that this was all genuine until I re-read this paragraph:

"One young pilot told of having to spend two nights in tented accommodation, despite the fact that there was a five-star hotel just 1km away"

No RAF senior officer who are all mainly pilots would ever let his chaps and chapesses endure such indignities and humiliation.
All gone to feather mattresses since dad and the Waddington Wing slept under the aircraft during the Cuban missile crisis.
I blame Holiday Inn's veggie breakfasts with extra roughage.

Latest Threads