A Criminal Waste of Talent - Armstrong and Miller

Prompted by a post or two on this thread. Armstrong now hosts a dismal quizz show for the dismally dim, while Miller's off being dull and probably mathematical elsewhere.

Why? They were, together, and with their excellent supporting cast, not merely an outstanding act, but the best to happen to television in twenty years. Ok, Armstong is a good presenter on Classic FM, supporting the music he bloody presents, but they should be On Top Of The World now. One of the best comic moments I've ever seen is in their repertoire:

The rest of their product was exemplary. I hope the feckers get their bloody act together and produce some more decent amusement. We need it. Proper comedy in Britain has died. If either of the two twats has Googled themselves in current times, they may see this, and if so, you know what you need to do, you cocks.

(Addendum: one of my co-workers at an organsation I used to work for claimed that Armstrong, who she knew socially, was an insufferable twat. She certainly was, but ok.)

Their series of sketches of the two WW2 RAF pilots is one of the funniest things out there.

Isn't it?

Fishbulb

Old-Salt
Hmm. Aware of actual history; patriotic in a thoroughly British self-deprecating way; and clever in their writing. I think they could see the way the industry was going, and discretely withdrew.

There may yet be hope though

Mmmm, let me think. Spend hours & hours writing comedy, continually trying to refresh or on set away from home.

Or rock up to a scripted game show & be guaranteed & fat cheque from sunny beeb. Then do the occasional game show to boost your income.

If as I believe Armstrong has a small family? it’s probably a no brainer.

Prompted by a post or two on this thread. Armstrong now hosts a dismal quizz show for the dismally dim, while Miller's off being dull and probably mathematical elsewhere.

Why? They were, together, and with their excellent supporting cast, not merely an outstanding act, but the best to happen to television in twenty years. Ok, Armstong is a good presenter on Classic FM, supporting the music he bloody presents, but they should be On Top Of The World now. One of the best comic moments I've ever seen is in their repertoire:

The rest of their product was exemplary. I hope the feckers get their bloody act together and produce some more decent amusement. We need it. Proper comedy in Britain has died. If either of the two twats has Googled themselves in current times, they may see this, and if so, you know what you need to do, you cocks.

(Addendum: one of my co-workers at an organsation I used to work for claimed that Armstrong, who she knew socially, was an insufferable twat. She certainly was, but ok.)
I’ve met him a couple of times, he doesn’t come across like that at all to me.
Their first series also used to feature Sara Alexander entirely in the nip routinely...

ericferret

War Hero

Enjoy!

I had forgotten so many sketches. Class, issn't it tho.
Can I recommend the film "What we did on our holiday".

A little gem of a British film, that couldn't have been made anywhere else.
Ben Miller, David Tennent, Billy Connolly, Rosamund Pike and other well known British actors.

Without spoiling it watch for Davids Tennents son playing in his room with a viking helmet and a sword. The TV in his room has "The Vikings" on (Kirk Douglas). This comes back later in the film to great effect.

Chef

LE
Possibly one of the best tribute band efforts:

Especially as they managed to get near to the knuckle endings in a manner similar to Max Miller

Latest Threads