A cracking Typhoon video

Discussion in 'Military History and Militaria' started by Ord_Sgt, Jan 16, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

2. It must be the Romanians - No-one else has SA80! Not exactly the weapon of choice for "rogue elements with chemical weapons"! I somehow doubt that "rogue elements" would have SU27(?) either.

Not very convinced by the cockpit display - it was a bit "Tron" meets Tom Clancy. I'd have thought that the firing cord for the simulated shoulder launched SAM could have been a bit better too.

Odd that this wonder weapon isn't on ops heh?

3. Double post

4. The Romanians have the SA80?

5. The foxy Flt Lt in the AWACS was the best part :biggrin:

6. I understand we threw some in as part of a deal when we sold them some ships. (Type 22s I suspect.) Probably being used as ballast.

7. I was in Romania last summer and noticed that the regulars (as opposed to conscripts) were wearing CS95. A few officers were wearing Brit desert DPM.

8. Romanians where ripstop cs95 not seen any SA80's though all seem to have Romanian style AK's (better machined with a pistol grip on the stock).

9. Bullshoot to disguise fact that typhoo is a white elephant. Laughed when I saw the Blowpipe being deployed tho!
    Serious question;
    Will typhoon have a gun? Any weapon which sounds like God farting gets my vote

10. My understanding is that all Typhoons have a gun. However British typhoons have one installed as a balance weight because it was cheaper than designing and building a balance weight. The balance weight was to compensate for the lack of a gun which MOD decided we didn't need. So unlike everyone else's, ours has a gun but it can never be fired because the ancillaries are missing and can't be re-integrated without an expensive modification programme.

Ooh, stop press:

MOD savings, don't you just love 'em?

11. Double post. (Again)

12. If it wasn't for a Dutch bloke, with said kit, I wouldn't be boring you here tonight. What a spooky noise