Having already attended my FAR Brief, I know I should know the answer to the first of these questions, if not both, but can anyone help me out:
- During their brief, the FPS said to try and leave in April to maximise the annual pension uplift. Is there a key date in April that it's worth hanging on until, or is any date in April good enough?
- Our plans do not include returning to UK and we will be moving to (hopefully) sunny Spain - does anyone have any experience and useful advice of getting their pension there, specifically:
- Is it possible to get the pension paid directly to a bank in Spain?
- Are there any advantages or disadvantages to doing so?
- Can I pay the tax in Spain at a slightly lower rate than UK or must it be taxed at source in UK?
- While not strictly a pension question, does anyone have any experience of final moves to an overseas home. I am already serving overseas in Belgium and the JSP says I'm entitled to a contribution based on a notional move back to Catterick but the details seem pretty sketchy and it's obviously a question my Admin office isn't too familiar with....