A couple of nuggets of info required

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Pacifist_Jihadist, Jul 10, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi all, currently having a rolling argument/conversation in work,you know the kind, sober pub dribble, and looking for a couple of facts if you could help (Tried a search, but it looks like im a crap at them).

What percentage of pupils in London schools (and other "high concentrations" of immigrants if possible) is English a second language?

There was a story in the news a few months back about locals in East Anglia (?) refusing work and then complaining the same £7ph jobs went out to immigrants - Does anybody have a link?

2. a few weeks ago there was a documentary on E European immigrants in the Peterborough area. Some spotty youths declared that to get them off the dole they needed a job paying £7 ph. The interviewer was immediately able to offer them a job at £7.25ph picking buttermilk (whatever that is). They walked away then shouting the usual neet/chav abuse. Earlier in the programme a Polish man was seen arriving in England and being happy to go and pick buttermilk.

Hope this helps BBC panorama or C4 (BBC favourite)
  3. And there was me searching for "locals refuse jobs". And using "london english foreign langauage" gave me the other one :roll: Thanks for the replies.
  4. Lucretia

Lucretia Old-Salt Book Reviewer

FYI what the youths were being asked to pick was butternut squash. Not buttermilk, You get that from a cow...
    *tsk, urbanites*
  5. Command_doh

Command_doh LE Book Reviewer

According to the Daily Scare - Monger Mail, 6/10 live births in the U.K. were being born to Overseas born parents/foreign nationals. And I heard through my employment rumour control that 1-2/10 of every new British Passport being issued is to someone who doesn't qualify for one or is a fraudulent application being missed.
  6. £7 ph is a pretty good rate of pay, in the outdoor, sunshine even the rain isn't too bad at times, fresh air, no need to think, just pick and talk with your mates, easy peasy.

I don't what they are complaining about, if the work is steady enough, then that great, even the Poles said to mate of mine " British People are lazy they do not want to work and rather live on Benefits"
    Im sure thats not entirely true but if that is the perception you wonder why bogus Asylum Seekers wants to come here, it will only work if there is enough Taxpayers to fund it and you wonder why we are being squezzed til the Pips come out.